So it's finally happened - the first $600 (shipped) Premium Format is coming

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So we all knew prices for Sideshow PF's had been creeping up & up recently & the arrival of $500 (shipped) statues was becoming a more & more regular thing (Aquaman & new Green Lantern for example), Well colour me shocked but we have already seen the price jump from $450 + shipping to a frankly eye melting $550 in a little over a week, & so I present to you the first of what I fear will be an ongoing price point in the form of Red Sonja: She-Devil with a Sword PF

Red Sonja Red Sonja She-Devil with a Sword Premium Format(TM

Now she is a stunning piece & until yesterday I had been really considering her for the collection but she is no bigger than the Batman PF & he was much much cheaper so I fail to see where the extra cost goes & no way I can entertain her now.

I have a few pieces on my radar now but if prices are going this way then game over I am already finding it hard to justify $450 for anything coming now let alone a full $100 higher.

So anyone else find this a step too far or am I in the minority??

Neil

I was loosing a bit of interest and getting a lot more fussy with PF's when they broke the $400 shipped price never mind that jump..... maybe I'm just getting more miserable after turning 40

She looks stunning though and in the past probably would have ordered without a second thought but not at that price and also unfortunately you couldn't guarantee the final production pieces will look as good as that

She is stunning. How is the finished paint apps on the newest pfs ?
I would expect flawless paint apps at the prices these are now reaching

no change of head option so at least the skin tones will match unlike the previous Sonja,
The face detail will be diminished on the production pieces, again see previous Sonja.
I thought I would of placed an order last night when I got the pre order email but with a meh exclusive axe, costing the same as my recent Hulk PF! and possible factory errors like before I will take some time thinking about this one.
...maybe I'll just print out the pretty product picture and hang that.

Right, that's terrible and I'm ranting: To have any flaws/errors/etc in something that costs that much is completely unacceptable.

We've recently justified price hikes from HT on the AoU line by saying they are probably paying a lot for the licence but how much would a Red Sonja licence cost?

The overriding issue is that we have some bitching here, a mega tsunami of bitching over on SSF but despite our grumbling we keep POing because they have us over a barrel because we can only get these pieces from so few places that they can almost name a price. There's so little competition to SSC or HT. If you want to collect, you have to pay these literally ridiculous prices or you are out of the hobby. I can't see an end to it.

Wow, was thinking of jumping back into PF's but how they can justify the prices when they quality seem's worse on production pieces is shocking!

Sooooooo Sideshow have officially lost their **** & have now announced the first PF at $600 + shipping!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I present from the Court of the Dead...Xiall: The Great Osteomancer

One truth, one purpose – Surrender your soul to Xiall, the Great Osteomancer

So if this is going to be the norm I am officially out of the PF game.

No way you can justify $600 + shipping for these now is just ridiculous, especially as these days the price increase does not constitute an increase in quality & the amount of pieces that come through with issues is just too much now to justify this price hike.

I wouldn't mind $400 for them (as with the other Court of the Dead Pieces) but not a $200 hike since the line began, it's a joke

Neil

Wish my wages jumped as much!!!!

Lol mine too

Nothing here for 4 years & downsizing this year (closed an entire department & selling the building) so lucky to just be here still I guess.

Does mean I am in the market for a new job at the moment though...which is a pain but needs must

Neil

So 1 year later and now there's a $700+shipping one :eek::eek::eek:
Marvel Deadpool Heat-Seeker Premium Format(TM) Figure by Sid
And thanks to the exchange rate its near £700 at CDUK

I was interested in getting this one but no chance for me at that price :(

Any quesses for how long it will be until one hits the four digit mark?

So 1 year later and now there's a $700+shipping one :eek::eek::eek:
Marvel Deadpool Heat-Seeker Premium Format(TM) Figure by Sid
And thanks to the exchange rate its near £700 at CDUK

I was interested in getting this one but no chance for me at that price :(

Any quesses for how long it will be until one hits the four digit mark?

PF?
Probably a year to 18 months, getting closer all the time

There are £1k+ Prime one statues already coming so I don't think it will be too long

Pricing me out all the time but I will have another couple yet (Current release's or due before they got too crazy)

Neil

PF?
Probably a year to 18 months, getting closer all the time

There are £1k+ Prime one statues already coming so I don't think it will be too long

Pricing me out all the time but I will have another couple yet (Current release's or due before they got too crazy)

Neil
yeah, was meaning PF's..... I was thinking 2 or 3 years to allow a bit of space between $50 or $100 jumps

In my mind the likes of Prime 1 and XM too are aimed more at a smaller niche market with an arguably more premium and limited product than sideshow....... although even allowing for that they're still well on the expensive side too.

:(

it's bound to crash sometime.
I'd imagine there is a direct relation with fewer people buying as many these days as the prices continue to rise. Only a matter of time when most people (if not already) will be priced out of them altogether :thumbsdow

Well I'm officially out I've not bought anything for a few years but these prices are ridiculous, I really wanted a first order stormtrooper premium format to go with my original one but nearly £500 is taking the piss. I've got many of the old pfs but there's no way I'd be able to justify a collection of this size at today's prices, it's pure greed.

I've just started collecting but these prices are too high. I'm currently looking at other brands then the likes of SS, Prime and XM. Like you said to much greed.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom