So it looks like its official then; 50% of Xboxs die within a year...

TEVEZ032

Ex Member
Reaction score
Judging by the poll on here, it looks like only 50% of people who bought it haven't had at least one unit croak. (Edit - I am aware its nowhere near 50% in reality!!)

that's got to be hitting MS hard in the pocket with fixing/ replacing them all?

I've had 2, the launch one i had no probs with (sold due to economical reasons), but the second one keeps doing the 'speckly dot' thing on me...

Surely a new unit with better design/reliability is around the corner? Although I suppose once christmas is over the failure rate (for MS at least) will drop because so many are out of warranty.

g

The poll on here doesnt represent the majority of 360 owners though, only the minority.

I wouldnt be suprised if its failure rate worldwide is actually no higher than other equally as high end pieces of tech.

A lot of people come to forums when they are having problems with any peice of technology so I would think this poll is artifically high. I am on my 2nd one, but I did kill my 1st by keeping it in a video cabinet... it did get very hot in there but it helped the noise a bit so I left it in there. In the end it only lasted 8 weeks or so and I only played it for an hour or so at a time.

The replacement (thanks to Game) is doing fine and much cooler, because I've taken it out of the cabinet, it's just a little noisy.:rolleyes:

Judging by the poll on here, it looks like only 50% of people who bought it haven't had at least one unit croak. :eek:

I've had 2, the launch one i had no probs with (sold due to economical reasons), but the second one keeps doing the 'speckly dot' thing on me...

Surely a new unit with better design/reliability is around the corner? Although I suppose once christmas is over the failure rate (for MS at least) will drop because so many are out of warranty.

g

whatever

Judging by the poll on here, it looks like only 50% of people who bought it haven't had at least one unit croak. :eek:

g
I have a friends list on live off 75 and only one has had a problem.
So i dont think it can be 50%

Just means that 50% of the people who bothered to read the daft pointless poll have had a box fail, nothing more. Most who have had faultless performance, myself included, would see no point whatsoever in voting.

The 360 has reliability on a par or better than any other peice of hi tech electrical equipment. If it had a problem MS would fix it.

Was there really any point in that :confused:

Some people are very protective of MS.

I certainly don't think the 360 has a 50% failure rate, but I believe its higher than normal. I think its harder to fix since there seems to be a wide variety of problems rather than just one major prob.

No way is that poll indicative of the whole 360 population and i wouldnt call it "official" either, if it really was 50% Microsoft would have a serious problem on thier hands and you'd know about it too.

No way is that poll indicative of the whole 360 population and i wouldnt call it "official" either, if it really was 50% Microsoft would have a serious problem on thier hands and you'd know about it too.

If people don't vote; their opinion can't be included in the results?

I admit is probably isn't 50% (due to the 'skew') but i'm sure there are a hell of a lot passing theough MS repair centres right now...

g

:rolleyes:

If people can't be bothered to vote; their opinion doesn't count; so its 50% work; 50% fail; read the thread...

g

Who can argue with that logic...

Forget it.

In all reality it's probably no more than the usual 1% of electronic goods, which is by enlarge a fair figure for the industry. When items start getting higher rates than 1% they tend to draw attention to themselves in high profile places, the newspapers etc.

The odd freeze with mine but on the whole it's all good after 12 months.

Slim

If people can't be bothered to vote; their opinion doesn't count; so its 50% work; 50% fail; read the thread...
I admit is probably isn't 50% (due to the 'skew') but i'm sure there are a hell of a lot passing theough MS repair centres right now...

g

Christ, what utter garbage.

As somene who carries out surveys as part of my job, I can safely say the poll the poster is referring to is in no way representative and is massively skewed to people who have had problems with their hardware.

Think about it - people who've had a problem are far more likely to vote. The figure will be nowhere near a 50% fail rate. And I'm not saying there isn't a problem either, just that people think it's a bigger issue than it is.

someone please delete this utter tripe........

someone please delete this utter tripe........

:D The idea of the thread was to discuss more the impact that the failings may be having on MS, rather than people posting 'its not really 50%'.

I'm well aware its not nearly as high as 50%, that was just a literal result of the poll and to encourage people to read the thread.

This doesn't look like its going to happen, so this thread may as well be wound up.

Interesting though how people who (maybe) didn't vote in the poll have such strong opinions on this thread though ;)

g

Too busy sending their 14th 360 back to Microsoft no doubt.

I'm well aware its not nearly as high as 50%, that was just a literal result of the poll and to encourage people to read the thread.

So why Name your thread "So it looks like its official then; 50% of Xboxs die within a year..." and then go back and edit your post? :p

"official" :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: What, going by your logic of if you can't be bothered to vote then it doesn't count? Or did MS confirm it with you?!

Maybe people just have the sense not to vote on these pointless threads mate :smashin:

So why Name your thread "So it looks like its official then; 50% of Xboxs die within a year..." and then go back and edit your post? :p

"official" :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: What, going by your logic of if you can't be bothered to vote then it doesn't count? Or did MS confirm it with you?!

Maybe people just have the sense not to vote on these pointless threads mate :smashin:

It was kinda tongue in cheek; now where are those smilies.... :thumbsup:

I edited it to try and get some genuine discussion going on the failure rate, but its gone just like all the other threads on the topic. :D

g

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom