• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

So it begins

Tokoloshe Man

Prominent Member
Hi guys and gals, I have been thinking of taking up photography for a number of years. I'm a long time member of the forums and have been reading this section for a while now, trying to get my head round everything to do with cameras and the technology.

I have a friend at work who is a keen photographer and he has been very helpful, bringing in his camera for me to play with and giving me some tips, it really is a minefield for the beginner.

I have two young children so one if the reasons for purchasing a new camera is to take more family photos but I'm also lucky enough to live in a beautiful part of Scotland and the scenery really is great around where I live.

Anyway I have purchased a Nikon D3200 with just the 18-55mm VR lens kit that comes standard, a 16gb memory card and a bag. I want to get used to the camera first before moving onto other lenses etc.

I have two weeks off work now so hopefully I will get time to have a play with the camera and start taking some photos and become familiar with the settings. I like my technology and am pretty good with most things but I know I have a lot to learn.

I'm looking forward to hopefully enjoying photography and getting out there and snapping away, I will put some photos on when I've been out with the camera, I only got it today!

I'm sure I will be picking your brains for advice very soon!

shotokan101

Banned
welcome to the photo section - look forward to seeing your first set :)

..and "ask away" - it will make a pleasant break from "Snerks" ;) :D :devil:

Jim

shotokan101

Banned

shotokan101

Banned
...that didn't last long did it ;)

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom