So is HALO3 now coming out in November!?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Curry Monster, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Curry Monster

Curry Monster
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +258
    Now the dates been set for the P$3 to come out...will we be getting HALO3 finally!!

Anyone have any news..?

2. OldAndSenile

OldAndSenile

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    I was thinking exactly the same thing...

Hopefully the extra 6 months will be spent polishing and making the game even better! :thumbsup:

3. Curry Monster

Curry Monster
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +258
    or cant they release it now!!

4. dodger747

dodger747

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +209
    As I've said before I seriously doubt that Halo3 will be released to compete with the PS3...

Plus the game hasn't been officially announced so an 8 month development cycle is not a long time to put together MS's flagship game together...

5. Dave

Dave
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,401
    A good question I think.

Bungie have said they are working on their next project but won't confirm or deny that it's Halo 3. From reading their weekly updates it seems that they are well under way with it.

However considering the backlash that Bungie got for releasing Halo 2 in a rush and having a fair few bugs present, I very much doubt they'd make the same mistake twice.

I love Bungie as a developer cos they really do care what their customers want. The staff even participate regularly in the forums and constantly ask for feedback on playlists and other ideas.

November is a little optimimistic but I suppose it could be done. MS have stated however that the game will ship when Bungie say it's ready and knowing how dedicated the Bungie team are I'd be highly surprised if we see it this year.

6. ovany1

ovany1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Halo was good Halo2 Pretty much rocked so hopefully halo3 is gonna be mind blowing i so canty wait for it :)

7. nick501

nick501

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +782
    i reckon that they had alot more to go into halo 2 but then decided to keep some of it for halo 3 which would account for the cliffhanger ending.....

so maybe it wil release earlier than we expect (here's hoping anyway)

8. runam0k

runam0k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    After Halo 2, I'm really not that hyped about Halo 3 TBH. I can't see Bungie rushing it for November either (assuming we see PS3 in November, which I'm not convinced about). Games like Prey, Too Human, Crackdown, Shadowrun (if it ever happens), Mass Effect, Gears of War, etc are the ones I'm looking forward to.

PS3 will need a VERY convincing line-up if it's going to compete with them.

9. Jordans Norks

Jordans Norks
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Personally I think the "cliff hanger ending" came about because they run out of time to finish properly :)

10. rss

rss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    I would imagine this game has already been in development for some time. Maybe November is enough time to finish it - maybe not.

But I would bet my house that Microsoft will definitely want something to take the focus away from the PS3 at launch and this will be one of them.

11. AFSTER

AFSTER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Is it me that isnt really fused about this game comming out?

12. bishman

bishman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    You know that sometimes, just sometimes a game is in development before it's officially announced!

13. PrivatePile76

PrivatePile76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I'm not that fussed when it comes out...there will be enough quality titles to satisfy my gaming requirements until then....

plus as soon as it does come out I'm sure the multiplayer aspect will be awesome.......but as with Halo 2 will get ruined by the arseholes from across the water...

Bob

14. Dave

Dave
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,401
    Yep, Bungie have actually been working on their "next project" since last summer. So if it did come in November that's around 15 months worth of development time.:lesson:

15. m1ket

m1ket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    games are in development way before they are announced but it wont be out until summer 2007 at the earliest

16. Bourner

Bourner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    MS have always stated Halo 3 will be out when it's ready, the Halo movie is due Summer 2006 so it would seem that it'd be perfect timing if it was out for Christmas.

17. dodger747

dodger747

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +209
    I am aware of that, but with a game with the profile of Halo 3 the build up hype will be huge.

If it was to be released in November then screenshots will have to be released to the press in the next month or two to give the game its six months hype...

And if Halo 3 was to coincide with the PS3 launch, MS will efectivly be saying to the consumer to make the choice between the 360 and the PS3. TBH I cannot see them making that decision and taking that big a risk. Halo 3 will cost millions to make [to ensure its up to standard] and thus they will want the maximum returns possible. By putting it head to head with the PS3 it is facing the toughest possible competiton and thus does not make a huge amount of business sense.

Of course all of this is purely speculation and I guess only time will tell.

18. ADC

ADC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Only you know the answer to that one my friend.:D

19. m40wen

m40wen
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Hmm I dont see how one game can save a console or safe guard it against a laucnh - to do this against ps3 will be futile. All games get boring after a while - thats why we buy new ones!

Its very unlikely that the release date will be swayed one way or another.

20. xXTwin BladeXx

xXTwin BladeXx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    i think what we should really be waiting for is E3 in May, if Halo 3 is announced there, i think we have a chance of gettigg our hands on a copy by november if not, it wiill defo be late 2007.

21. ThePiousFlea

ThePiousFlea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Heh.

When has a high-profile game, with lots of balancing issues (multiplayer), that hasn't even been announced come out a couple of months after E3?

I don't think anyone should hold their breath..

22. xXTwin BladeXx

xXTwin BladeXx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    lol suppose :oops: ahhh just remebering how many times halo 2 was showed at different E3's :rolleyes:

23. neilo

neilo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Halo 3 will not be coming to Xbox 360 before the end of 2006, if comments coming from Microsoft Game Studios’ General Manager Shane Kim are to be taken literally.

Speaking at the unveiling of Rare’s Viva Piñata today in New York, Kim named the colourful creature title as Microsoft’s “most important game of 2006” – potentially demoting Master Chief’s next outing into a 2007 bert
    Since Halo 3 is undoubtedly one of the most anticipated games of all time, we doubt that Microsoft would rate it as less important than Viva Piñata – even though Rare’s game is crucial to capturing the younger audience Microsoft is desperate to hook into Xbox 360.

When we challenged Kim on his statement he was elusive. “We’re not here to talk about the mythical Halo 3, as I call it,” he said.

But he went on to suggest that we may not have to wait very long to hear more about MC’s first next-gen adventure, and even got us thinking that there might be additional games coming that are based on the Halo franchise. “We’ll be talking about anything we’re doing in the Halo universe – whether that’s Halo 3 as I call it or anything else – at the right time. That time will be soon.”

Kim’s comments suggest that Microsoft is planning to speak about Halo 3 in the near future. And what’s just over the horizon? Why, it’s E3 in May, the world’s biggest videogames show and – coincidentally – Sony’s stage for the big unveiling of the PS3. Is Microsoft planning the long-rumoured PS3 spoiler mission for Master Chief after all?

And as for other games coming from the ‘Halo universe’, that’s got us well excited. The game certainly has built up a huge body of subject matter outside the Xbox adventures, including top-selling sci-fi novels. Could we soon be seeing Halo squad-based shooter games, or even a Halo RTS where you command legions of Marine or Covenant armies?

Kim also spoke to us at length about his reactions to Sony's announcement that the PS3 would launch worldwide in November -
    http://www.oxm.co.uk/articles/news/1st_person/microsoft_bumps_halo_3_to_2007

24. MonkeyKnuckle

MonkeyKnuckle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +718
    im looking forward to viva pinata more than halo 3. well not really, but viva will have a tv show aswell, therefore they might be able to earn more than halo(if done properly) because they are copying Pokemon:)

25. bluevortex

bluevortex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Halo movie isn't due this summer, is it?

26. Markoos

Markoos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    It's summer 2007 that the movie is due, they're still in pre-production at the moment.

Anyway in light of yesterday's PS3 announcement, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get an official annoucement on Halo 3 very soon - MS will want to deflate the excitement regarding Sony's annoucement by revealing something big of there own, and there's certainly nothing bigger than Halo 3.

27. Curry Monster

Curry Monster
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +258
    lets hope its sooner rather than later

Been play GRAW and its good but I cant stop wanting to filp the disk out of the 360 and chuck halo2 back in!

Come on microsoft give us halo3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. Crisp_Rapper

Crisp_Rapper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    i'm really looking forward to halo3, perhaps not the single player aspect but the multiplayer... the lobby system and ease of setting up games on halo2 is PERFECT, out of the few 360 FPS titles we've had so far, the online aspect has been trash.

quite why developers can't copy the system is beyond me, it's unmatched... pick what you want to do and it'll sort out your host for you. bam, click and play. if your host drops out, give it a minute and you'll be back in instead of cut off. genius. diss bungie's singleplayer all you want but halo2 is certainly the daddy of online console gaming.

if halo3's online is half as good as 2's then that's at least 6 months of pure gaming love for me, more than justifying the rrp of £50. :smashin:

29. Dave

Dave
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,401
    LOL, I actually did that yesterday, played a few games of GRAW, got bored of the lobby system and put Halo 2 in for some matchmaking goodness.

As Crisp_Rapper said, other devs need to take note, Halo 2 is the daddy of on line FPS.

30. SaltireOne

SaltireOne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12