1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I paid my money and I took my chance

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Arepee, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Arepee

Arepee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After loads of help from AV-Sales and good advice from you guys on here, I am now the proud owner of the following:

Panasonic TH-42PWD7 B(S) and a JS converter

I have my Sky Plus connected as well as a Panasonic SA MT1 dvd/surround system. It all looks great, just got to be sure exactly where to place the panel on which wall (for the time being it is on a stand) before everything is complete.

But I have a few questions/queries/disappointments now that everything is up and working. If I list my initial

1. Picture is very pale (low contrast, poor colours). Is this just due to the factory settings? If so, how to remedy?

2. The picture is awful when watching sport (cricket, footy etc). The players appear as very blurred images.

3. The lip-synch is often out, which drives me mad. I would say it is noticable to the point of affecting enjoyment of the programme perhaps 30% of the time.

Are any of my comments related to the fact that the panel is not yet run-in? Will any of my disappointments be eased just given time? Am I best to get a professional in to mount the panel, deal with the wiring and help me get the optimum set-up? If so, where to find one? I see that one of the guys on here works out of Cobham which is not a million miles away, but I suspect that such companies are not really interested in such small jobs.

Thanks for your help.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    get a copy of DVE low contrast poor colors sounds odd for factory settings tho!!!!
    What were you expecting did you demo any plasma's????
    you have 60% of a great system......getting the other 40% to match is the hard part!!!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  3. Arepee

Arepee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks HD.

I may sound stupid but what's DVE?

I looked at plenty of plasma set-ups and the images were clearer/sharper than I am now experiencing - or does it just seem that way now that I am 2 grand poorer??? :laugh: Maybe when the panel is wall mounted and so is a couple of feet further away, the image quality will be less noticable.

Yeah, that is who I just came across. Guess I'll PM the guy on here and see what he has to say.

Interesting your comment about having 60% of a great system - the remaining 40%, is that all related to set-up or are you referring to hardware upgrades that I should consider?

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215