Quantcast

So I may return my frst LCD, what is up with these G10s? Should one try S10/U10?

amdowney

Evening,

So I did my homework and eventually went for a Samsung LE40B652 as my first up to date HD1080p TV. So far, not impressed with colours and unnatural picture (SD viewing) so I think perhaps a plasma is for me and this may go back.

I did consider a G10 going for £599 but didn't go for it due to all of the problems logged on here here. Am I just worried? So if that is to be avoided even at that great price do people have problems with their 42S10s or 50U10s or even 42X10s?

:confused:

Last edited:

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
No problems with my G10 - one year old this weekend.

I think my brother is going for an S10, from what I understand its more or less a G10 anyway minus the freesat HD tuner.

matt41

Novice Member
Evening,

So I did my homework and eventually went for a Samsung LE40B652 as my first up to date HD1080p TV. So far, not impressed with colours and unnatural picture (SD viewing) so I think perhaps a plasma is for me and this may go back.

I did consider a G10 going for £599 but didn't go for it due to all of the problems logged on here here. Am I just worried? So if that is to be avoided even at that great price do people have problems with their 42S10s or 50U10s or even 42X10s?

:confused:
Not to sound like a broken record.
I usually don't notice flicker but on the 50'' G10 it was apparent, certain people can't see it and recommend their TV wholeheartedly.

The 50''X10, on the other hand, shows little flicker and they are difficult to tell apart when seen 'side by side' with the same feed.

Both sets though give a very natural picture.
Whether you need Full HD is very much down to viewing distance.

Frankly full HD IMHO is the latest con and many have been seduced esp. at 42'' ( if Pioneer though 768 was good enough, nuff said )

Matt

Top Bottom