1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Notice: AVForums will be offline at 10pm for no longer than 30 minutes for scheduled maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
    Dismiss Notice

So I Got My Pci Hdtv Card - Twinhan 1030a

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by gbmitie, Oct 29, 2004.

1. gbmitie

gbmitie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Installed the Twinhan 1030a PCI card last nite and am using the software that came with card, visionplus version 2.42 just learning at the mo but tuned in some FTA on Astra 19%e, like CNBC, DW, Sky news and CNN. Noticed that when I switched between channels they use different resolution, German channels very good. I then got Euro 1080 or now HD1 and the resolution on this was way up. I could not pick up the Astra loop.

A few questions, can I now use other software with this card and what is the best?

How do I find the other HD channels, I have a motorised dish?

And finally, I am stuck with this resolution bit, my monitor is set to 1024 X 768 and will not reach the resolution set by HDTV1, does this mean I am not seeing HDTV in all its glory? I tried it with the resolution at its max but saw no great difference. The sound is mighty impressive.

Where can I can that Euro card searched everywhere?

And any other tips gratefully received.

gbmitie

2. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +712
    You will not get the full benefit at 1024 x 768.
    If this is your monitor's max resolution, I suggest you borrow someone's higher res monitor and see how much difference it makes in your eyes.
    If you search this forum (HDTV area) you'll find people reporting on results from other software.
    I believe ProgDVB is about to release a new version with better HDTV support. There is also MyTheatre used by some in here.
    Personally I use Hans' DVBapps - www.DVBapps.com with both my Twinhan 1020 and Broadlogic BL2030 cards.
    Use www.lyngsat.com to find HD channels on 13E (Hotbird) and 19E (Astra) - or search this forum for posts with the tuning parameters.

Chris Muriel, Manchester.