• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

So i dont get on with in ears - What alternative ?

DodgeTheViper

After a long, long time reading and researching into in ears, and also after trying a couple of sets or so, i have to come to the conclusion that i just dont get on with them.
Having very small ear canals probably doesn't help either. As an example, a cotton bud tip hardly has room to manoeuvre at the outside edge of my ear. So that's it, i need to look at something else, probably bud type.

Look's like the searching will have to start again. I have a pair of Sennheiser PX100, which i really like, but are impractical for true portable use, well for what i need another pair of phone's for anyway.

Main use's will be for holiday's - So, used on the plane, and used at the pool etc.

Has anyone got any idea what i should be looking at, at least as a starting point maybe ?

They'll be used with my iPod Classic, with music stored as lossless.

I've just been looking at these .....................

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-MX-95-Metal-crafted-Integrated/dp/B001EZYLPU

Last edited:

DodgeTheViper

I'm still not sure that they're for me. I dont like the feeling inside my head when they're in :D

tudj

Aint that the truth :rotfl:

Blummin 6' 1" with tiny ears, whats that all about then :rolleyes:

Could be worse... :p

Have you considered headphones instead of earphones? Closed headphones will give decent isolation, it depends on whether you care about wearing bigger, move obvious headphones in public.

DodgeTheViper

I've also got a bigger set of phone's i use at home, there's no way i'm taking those on holiday and using them poolside ;)

I need to get a pair pretty quick though, i go on me hol's soon :D

tudj

How about something like the HD201/2 they are on the smaller side for full-size headphones and offer decent isolation and are fairly cheap (<£20)

DodgeTheViper

I feel like ordering a set of HD202's just for the hell of it :D

I dont think i could wear them at the pool though :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom