So, I crashed my car ...

g8ina

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Had a bit of a bump last Monday in my beloved Citroen Xara Picasso. If I had been in a smaller car I'd be dead. Simples.

Three days in hospital, xrays, ultrascans and a CT scan, I ended up with 2 cracked ribs, and a bunch of bruises, the colours of which would do justice to a Turner sunset ! On top, I contracted a chest infection and had an emergency GP callout Sat nite. Got me on antibiotics and the pain is improving, although hiccups ae still a bloody nightmare ;)

Anyway, I already told my fellow Mods about this and they have demanded photos, so here we go :

13563654874_e2db37e61f_b.jpg

That'll buff out.

Jesus! Glad you're ok though, always good to walk away from something like that to tell a story.

Talking of which, what is the story?

Is it a write-off? :D

Is it a write off ? Hmmm dunno lets see...... It might need a few rolls of gaffer tape but I think I could put it back together again ;)

The story ? is a long and not very clear one. I dont wanna say much more than that right now.

As long as you're on the mend.
Err.. looks like you were sober but the car was half cut.

I'll get my coat :D

I would count my blessings, hopefully you are recuperating well. Was there anyone else involved or in the car with you at the time?

Wow, put it on the classifieds under new, mint condition Picasso - low mileage. See if anyone notices.

I wonder how an even more modern car would have held up to a similar crash? Makes you think how far we've come with vehicle safety.

Looks like a Top Gear project.

Glad you're OK though.

I would count my blessings, hopefully you are recuperating well. Was there anyone else involved or in the car with you at the time?

Note: I think he doesn't want to say anything as it's probably still under investigation and he doesn't want to prejudice the outcome if he says anything prematurely. I'm sure he'll pipe up when it's appropriate to do so.

Glad to see your alright. I've looked everywhere on your photos but cannot see a fire brigade sticker. This conversion was carried out by Blue Watch, Station 17.;)

WOW.....just as well you said what make of car it is(was), because from that first photo i had absolutely no idea. :eek:
The main thing is that you are ok.....ish, and will make a full recovery. :)
You can always get a new car, but new body parts are much more difficult to replace.

WOW.....just as well you said what make of car it is(was), because from that first photo i had absolutely no idea. :eek:
The main thing is that you are ok.....ish, and will make a full recovery. :)
You can always get a new car, but new body parts are much more difficult to replace.

Get away man a couple of new doors, a bumper and a plastic sheet for when it rains won't be that hard to find ;)

woooft - glad your ok.

Dude, glad you are OK. Accidents like this tend to 're-focus' your life. I know that pre-accident I was a very focussed, determined, professional person. But afterwards I decided that I needed to be a lot nicer and concentrate on my wife and children rather than my career. I gave up my (to me) well paid job circa 35K and now work 6/7 minutes from home/ schools. I am so much happier with myself and everything now. Good luck.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom