1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I can run my video component cables threw my AMP ??

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jamieuk23, Jan 20, 2005.

1. jamieuk23

jamieuk23
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi I have just bought a PW7 Panny plasma 42"...... Any way I only have 1 possible component connection on my plasma TV so I have bee using that for my DVD recorder. I all so have thou .....

Gamecube
    PS2
    xbox

And I would all so like to run these threw component as it offers the best Quality for consoles.

Up 2 a few mins ago I thought I was gonna have to fork out a extra £300 for a component switch to allow me to hook up all my hardware on the component slot on plasma.

Just been reading threw my Amplifier manual >>Yamaha RX-V540RDS > and I noticed it said " 3 X component video " >>> so let me get this right it is possible for me to run my xbox >>> gamecube >>> PS2 >>> in these 3 component slots ????

If so that awesome news !!!

bit confused thou if it is possible how the aplifier would send all of these 3 signals to my plasma >>> would I have a extra component cable that runs from my amp to the plasma which would send all 3 of these signals ???

thanks to any 1 who takes time out to help me !!
    :thumbsup:

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Correct mate Consoles>AMP.....AMP>plasma
    However you have 4 component devices and 3 inputs, choice is use a swicther for 2 eg GC and PS2, Run DVD and Xbox direct to AMP
    or pick one console eg PS2 to use a different connection, S-video or RGB scart........
    PS Jamie see this thread http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181003 ;)
    PPS also replied to the other thread on this topic with a different solution mate

3. jamieuk23

jamieuk23
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    thats cool news !!. to be honest I dont mind having to switch round the cables, as I can just leave my DVD recorder unplugged as I dont really use it much as I can watch DVD`s on both of my consoles.

do you think there will be much loss of Quality ?

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    VIA amp there should not be too much..... (can keep DVDR connect if you go STB>DVDR>JS Box and use RGB (if DVD is for recording only then there will be virtually no loss in quality)

5. BALLISTIX

BALLISTIX
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0