• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

so...I bought an AT LP120 turntable

wolfenstein

Novice Member
so, I try to dip my toe into a world of turntables... did i do wrong getting this?

research and all prior to buying and finally pull the trigger last boxing day (decks.co.uk seems to be the cheapest).. fits my budget as entry level for me with phono stage as I dont have one in my MCR610, like the way the turntable looks as well (silver) .. I am in no way gonna be "audiophile" whatever they call it..just gonna be casual listener but I am expecting this media to sound different (in a very god way) than CD/FLAC/MP3 ... this review and some threads kinda push me to get the AT LP120 than Project Essential 2

The Best Turntable for Casual Listening

however, I've found a different forum last night they speak more about ATLP120 modifications removing the phono stage (not turning it off as certain capacitors still giving signal to whatever alternative phono stage you gonna use).. I am in the brink of calling decks.co.uk to cancel it off and get the project essential 2 instead.. but i like the build (that looks like a tank 10kgs) and looks of ATLP120... and I do wonder being new to vinyl media if I will recognize it at all. should I?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom