So, how much was your fuel bill this winter?

Simian Sibling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just provided a meter reading (they asked me).

Ran from 4/12/13 until 1/3/13. Roughly 3 months.

Gas £200
Electric £170

Didn't think it was to bad considering there was someone home pretty much 24/7

So what was yours this winter?

From mid Sept to mid April we'll have spent £1002 on oil (just recently totted up the bills), and £60 in blocks of wood. Haven't worked out the electricity cost yet.

£200 gas and £30 electric. They say gas is the cheaper form of energy. They maybe right but my missus thinks the dial been on 35 degrees is acceptable....

How the heck are you paying £200 for 3 months fuel?

Ours is currently around. £200 per month for gas/lectric

From December 1st till March 1st gas is our heating and hot water.
Electricity £303-12
Gas £135-92

We should be a bit less this year...

Energy_usage.jpg

£140 for gas and electric , mid Jan to mid Feb , not estimated , mind you it has been nowhere near as cold as last winter.....

SSE only generate a bill/statement every six months or so. I reckon I'm just under previous years consumption though.

my bill is due tomorrow.
Our gas usage has been on a significant downward trend with February seeing a drop of 27%.
There has been no snow this year and very little (if any) frost !

Energyusage-Manageaccount-npower2_zpscb6017ff.jpg

Energyusage-Manageaccount-npower1_zps903b0441.jpg

The cavities are been filled in about 10 days, so long may the trend continue :thumbsup:

my bill is due tomorrow.
Our gas usage has been on a significant downward trend with February seeing a drop of 27%.
There has been no snow this year and very little (if any) frost !

Energyusage-Manageaccount-npower2_zpscb6017ff.jpg

Energyusage-Manageaccount-npower1_zps903b0441.jpg

The cavities are been filled in about 10 days, so long may the trend continue :thumbsup:
Blimey that is almost exactly the same usage as we have in KwH, you aren't my wife are you John? I mean you live in the same area'ish don't you ;)

My recent bill showed that I had used roughly the same electrickery but less gas. We pay £60 for gas, £40 for electric monthly but have built up a handy credit on both even though prices have risen.

We pay £121 combined for gas and electricity after switching suppliers in November last year. I gave my meter readings earlier this week and we're £170 in credit already, so actual cost is around £310 for 3 1/2 months.

That's with a 40 year old boiler, and a knackered valve upstairs that means when you turn the heating on it just stays on full until you turn it off and doesn't regulate temperature! It's been a warm winter but we still have the heating on almost every day from the afternoon onwards, usually with a couple of hours break around dinner as the house starts to get hot.

I keep meaning to get the valve sorted but when we do the kitchen we're having a new boiler anyway so I keep putting it off.

Blimey that is almost exactly the same usage as we have in KwH, you aren't my wife are you John? I mean you live in the same area'ish don't you ;)

Scarily , it used to be over 10k on electric !

I don't think so, I would have noticed the 'tache. And although close, my area potentially isn't quite as posh as your area

Gas bill last month £230 for the quarter
Electric this month £160 for the quarter.

I'm sure the energy companies can boost the cost of energy blaming the Russian/Ukrainian spat for a price hike to offset the mild winter...:D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom