So, how long do speakers take to run in (roughly)?

NeilF

Can't be bothered to do the out-of-phase-facing-each-other stuff, so I'll just use them at a sensible volume as much as possible - eg: For TV program audio.

How many hours till they're showing they're true colours do you think?

ps: We're talkign about Mordaunt Short 902i's...

Maverick62

Hi
Cant say exactly what yours should be, but if you are anything like me, I just plugged mine in and used them!! They got better over a little time, there is no dramatic step!.
I would just be careful with the volume control for a couple of weeks while they settle in.
Just enjoy them as you go along.
Thats my simple advice but I am sure you will get a more exact answer from here.
Hope it helps:thumbsup:

ARNOLD AKIEN

Novice Member
Can't be bothered to do the out-of-phase-facing-each-other stuff, so I'll just use them at a sensible volume as much as possible - eg: For TV program audio.

How many hours till they're showing they're true colours do you think?

ps: We're talkign about Mordaunt Short 902i's...
Once upon a time I used to do the " out-of-phase-facing-each-other stuff " and frankly it just isn't worth the effort. :rolleyes:

The most recently purchased speaker pairs that I have are B and W 700/600 series at top end down to WHARFEDALE DIAMOND 9.1 and TANNOY F1 CUSTOM stereo pairs at the bottom and they were all treated in the same way and that was to settle them by using them continually at at as low a volume level as is convenient for two or three weeks. The Wharfedales took a few days longer than the Tannoys to archive their best effect but I'd say that most speakers will settle in in less than a month.

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
As already indicated it depends on the speakers and how much you use them.

My Wharfedale 9.6 took about 3 weeks of use for music during the day, TV in the evening, and videos on the weekend.

The Wharfedales were a little disappointing in the bass when I first got them, so partly to compensate and partly to speed the break-in process, I played with the bass control on full. Gradually during the third week the bass began to seem out of proportion, so at the end of the third week, I set the bass control to neutral, and have been happy ever since.

Now that they are broke-in, any nudge upward of the bass control makes the bass seem out of proportion. Though I sometimes tweak it upward slightly for an action movie.

I don't think you have to worry about volume that much. I just listened to mine as I normally would. Of course, I'm certainly not pushing the speakers to party volume during the break-in process, but any normal volume, even comfortable loud should be fine.

Steve/bluewizard

mbell

Novice Member
My speakers were perfect the minute I started using them. And they sound just as good now as when I bought them 3 years ago.

Funny old world.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom