1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, how likely is it that we will see a 5th gen iPod before christmas?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by danwalton, Sep 16, 2005.

Tags:
  1. danwalton

danwalton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    As the title suggests really. Is it likely Apple will still surprise us before the end of the year and release the real 5th gen? With the recent release of the Nano, i'm very interested in what else Apple might have up their sleeves. If they do indeed have another iPod in the works, when do people think it will be announced? Are there any major Apple conferences coming up? thank you!

2. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't see Apple detracting from the Nano this side of Christmas. They'll want it to be the 'must have' gift of this 'holiday season' ...

3. dups45

dups45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think we will see it around novemeber time, the press already have told us that apple have an announcement planned for around that time. They will not want to miss out on the christmas sales, as that, is predominatly when the DAP market will soar, most people wont have the money to go out and buy a DAP any day of the week, as some seem to suggest, therefore they should have the basic marked instinct to bring it out enough time before people start buying their presents so that they know that it exists, therefore buy it. After christmas no-one will have money so they wont be able to buy one.

Furthermore, i cant really see it detracted from the sales of the nano, but we cant really say that yet beacuse we dont know what the 5G looks like or its specs. It is most likely to be a 20gig+ model....can nobody else see the difference in the capacity here, thus, somebody who has a big music collection is not going to go out and buy a nano, unless they want it from time to time use...thus i think at the announcment in novemeber, we shall the 5th gen

4. dups45

dups45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    also, i think with the launch of the new sony mp3 players and the creative zen sleek colour just being announced, i dont think they will want to miss out on the market share that they have

5. Chris_J_0907

Chris_J_0907

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I think that announcement is more likely to be the G5 Mac Mini :cool:

6. shahedz

shahedz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,231
    damn it, i really want them to relase a new 4th gen ipod, my perfect one would be colour screen a lot smaller, with better battery life! i got the 3rd gen at the moment, and it is my favourite so far, i like the coloured buttons on the top. i also like the fact that the 3rd gen came with a remote, case and dock. i am not too impressed by the way apple have skimped all the additonal bits and pieces which i think are essential.

7. Chris_J_0907

Chris_J_0907

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have one of the very first 4th gen photo, and that came with the dock, ac adaptor, firewire and usb 2.0 cables and a case with a clip on. After that they got rid of the essentials apart from usb 2.0 cable :(