So how does it sound without the Power Amp ?

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
i hear that, you know from your other thread i was watching this intently with a similar view in mind, absolutely nothing wrong with the emotiva i have, XPA-3 with 275W into 8ohms, so no shortage of power, but having picked up the AVM-70 the itch was there to pair it with an Anthem amplfier as well. I suspected you would like the Anthem, i would have been surprised if you had been disappointed.

scratching the itch myself now as well, not in the same way as you with the MCA-525 but with another 5 channel Anthem power amp i know you were aware of. added bonus for me is i will now be able to move from 3 boxes to 2, replacing the 3 channel emotiva with a 5 channel anthem will allow me to remove the rotel 1066 i was using for one of my atmos pairs, that can now get powered from my 7 channel Bas-x while the anthem will take the front 3 and side surrounds

Personally I'd keep the "lesser" amps for side, surround, heights etc, but the extra cash into better speakers, sub, amp.

I think a good 100w all channels drive X for side/surround/height is plenty . I use ATI round and I could have saved money for side/surrounds,. upgraded to higher end sides with that

mossym

Distinguished Member
thats what i am doing.

DodgeTheViper

i hear that, you know from your other thread i was watching this intently with a similar view in mind, absolutely nothing wrong with the emotiva i have, XPA-3 with 275W into 8ohms, so no shortage of power, but having picked up the AVM-70 the itch was there to pair it with an Anthem amplfier as well. I suspected you would like the Anthem, i would have been surprised if you had been disappointed.

scratching the itch myself now as well, not in the same way as you with the MCA-525 but with another 5 channel Anthem power amp i know you were aware of. added bonus for me is i will now be able to move from 3 boxes to 2, replacing the 3 channel emotiva with a 5 channel anthem will allow me to remove the rotel 1066 i was using for one of my atmos pairs, that can now get powered from my 7 channel Bas-x while the anthem will take the front 3 and side surrounds
Nice move :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom