So did you get Pro Evo 4 yet?

ah right,sorry i thought you meant the ps2 lol.i know that when WE8 was released in japan no one mentioned the slowdown as i have been told the majority of the people have hard drives attached to the ps2 hence no slowdown.i have seen the slowdown and it does take the gloss of its smoothness and i`ll be damned if im switching stuff off just because 1,the ps2 cant handle it or 2,maybe konami have been to lazy to tweak it.the slowdown does not acure on my mates dodgy xbox copy funny enough.

well as the Xbox version is still 5/6 weeks away, may as well turn stadium effects off in the options, at least til Xbox one is out.
The slowdown is much worse on WE8 than Pro Evo 4.
I dont see how having a HD attached makes any difference to playing WE8 though. I have HDloader etc and running WE8 is no different. There was said to be a 'slowdown' patch that resolved some of the issues on WE8 but again these only took detail off players/stadiums, so is the same as turning of stadium effects really.
Xbox version will be awesome, but there is still the controller issue. The lack of a proper R2 could make the game awkward, unless can be configured with a PS2 pad adaptor (got mine ready). The R2 button gets even more use in PES4 than ever before so fumbling for the white button (I think it is) could make a big difference.

i should imagine it would make a difference though as it doesnt have to stream anything from discs.i know my games load a lot more rapidly of my xbox hard drive then they do for running straight off disc.like i said a lot of people on pro evo websites where dissapointed with the slowdown then teh reports of teh hard drives started to arrive.

Done that and change cam angle and all is smelling of roses, even in 60 htz mode.

Have you changed to normal medium camera Del Boy? When I first played xbox version I thought it was a bit pants (on the default camera). Seemed slow,jerky and awful controls. Switch to normal medium (which has been the default cam in all previous pro evo games) and it's a whole different game. I love it :) .

Guy's i have played evo 4 with the xbox pad and i don't like it. :thumbsdow
I've found THIS and just wondered if anyone has this and if it's any good? the good thing is you can use your headset. :thumbsup:

berserkgoose said:
Have you changed to normal wide camera Del Boy? When I first played xbox version I thought it was a bit pants (on the default camera). Seemed slow,jerky and awful controls. Switch to normal wide (which has been the default cam in all previous pro evo games) and it's a whole different game. I love it :) .
Normal long with default cam angle mate, its helped get rid of all slowdown, another help is getting rid of everything on screen apart from the clock.

Actually all you have to do is play at the Occhio Del Mar stadium and then there is zero slowdown, even with all stadium effects on, full crowds, wide camera & all screen graphics on! It's also a pretty attractive stadium to play in as well. :thumbsup:

is there a way to get proper kits on the x-box version

What I can't understand is why release a game that slows down so severly?

is it a software issue or a hardware issue ?like i have said before a lot of people on the pro evo websites from abroad have said there is NO slowdown when its being played of a hard drive.so this to me would say its the ps2 at fault as it cant stream off the disc quick enough.

Had a couple of games on my mates PS2. In every game we played there was horrendus slowdown not only on corners, but also if you ran a player down to the goal line and then crossed it in. Worse than the first effort on the PS1! I can't understand how this oversight couls have slipped through final testing. Also, why have none of the m,agazines mentioned it, or have they?

I tried that and i had slowdown.

Knowlegde of the slowdown problem has been all over the various forums since the jap release (WE8). It isn't due to the streaming from CD or a HD as there is no change in the amount of loading that takes place between a corner, a cross or open play. The problem is obviously that the PS2 struggles graphically as the game only slows down when there is a crowded penalty box (i.e. most of the players on screen at once). Reducing the crowds (this actually removes a lot of the animated crowd graphics) does help, as does a closer in camera (as less graphics are visable at the same time due to the zoomed in camera).

As mentioned though, some stadia are much better than others and the Occhio del mar stadium plays with virtually no slowdown, even with full crowds & wide camera on.

Whilst PES4 is by far the best video game ever created (IMO obviously :D ), a console game should never ship with a slowdown problem.

Why they included pointless stuff like onscreen refs & supposidly better lighting effects on the player models (that just end up making them look a bit shiney tbh) in exchange for some graphical slowdown is beyond me though. There are so many gameplay improvements to PES4 that i'd have been more than happy playing with the same graphics as on PES3. Ah well i'll just stick to playing my mates in exhibition games on the PS2 version until it comes out on X-Box.

bloody liars on them pro evo websites lol.i think its a very lazy port and conversion myself and now i have the xbox converter pad im hanging on for the box release.

Yeah the Xbox version should hopefully be a lot better. The version doing the rounds at the moment is just a beta and although there have been complaints regarding the graphical quality, it doesn't slow down.

:thumbsup:

x box version is **** hot no slowdown graphics aint that hot but im used to the pc version

We'll see eh!

I'm enjoying FIFA 2005 a lot at the moment, and i'm sure it can tide me over!

According to amazon.co.uk, I can expect delivery of Pro Evo 4 on Xbox tomorrow or Tuesday. So i'll let you all know! :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom