1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So did we ?

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by monkeyleader, Sep 22, 2004.

1. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Watching a program on channel 5 at the moment regarding if the americans did land on the moon - interesting program which really does highlight some of the apparant proof that they didnt ..

So were the first moon landings fake ?

Nige

2. cityonfire

cityonfire

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah i saw it last time they put it on. Great program. Certainly makes you think. Problem is in this day and age of digital this and that, the photos can be doctored either way to make them look like fakes or to make them not look like fakes. But saying that there is alot to suggest they never did.

3. Logo Hater

Logo Hater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I still have a copy of a recent programme on another channel which proved that they did. I still retain the video from the first time this programme was transmitted.

The final and convincing proof is that they set up a mirror, which is used on a regular basis to measure the distance from the moon to planet earth. The scientists who use it know for a fact that the mirror is there, they demonstrated it's use with a laser beam.

I used to be convinced that it was all a massive con trick, but if the Russians hadn't been totally convinced that it was for real, and they were, they would have had a field day demonstrating how the Yanks had perpetrated the biggest hoax of all time.

Nope!, 'fraid they did go. :lesson: :lesson:

4. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    To be honest I dont really care if they did or didnt - has it really had any impact on my life - nope ... its good if they did go - funny if its a hoax ... now getting me to the moon - thats the challenge for my next holiday :)

5. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah that show put a nail in the coffin of the hoax story. Totally blew it out of the water. Even Sir Patrick Moore said Godral bank tracked it all the way to the moon. It explained the shadows and the lack of stars in the sky.

6. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    I think you will find that it did have / has had / will continue to have a massive impact on your life, whether you realise it or not. Many of the cutting edge technologies that are commonplace and taken for granted today, were developed directly for the space programme and eventually filtered through into other industries, and eventually the wider consumer marketplace.

You wouldn't have a lot of the mod cons and lovely electronic toys you have today (or at the very least you would have had them a lot later in life) were it not for the space race and the Apollo programme in particular.

Trust me - the moon landing impacted on your life...

7. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    space travel perhaps but not the moon landing - especially if it didnt happen ;)

8. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,130
    The guys who commented on the lack of stars and the lighting inconsistencies must have been wedding photographers ...total quacks.

As for digitally doctoring images captured on film its impossible to even digitally scan a piece of photographic negative and record it back out without leaving hugely obvious tell tales.
    Digital manipulation is easy to spot at the pixel level , the only photographic hoaxes that persist for any length of time are those created entirely in camera as soon as a computer gets involved you're screwed.

Sad thing is that the con-men raking the money in from their stupid books and exposes are doing it by belittling the efforts and discoveries of people far more worthy of respect and appreciation than themselves.

9. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Here here.....

Off topic I know .......but who remembers Ali G interviewing Buzz Aldrin (about the moon landing and fake stories) " So tell me ....does the moon really exist ?"

Now that left Buzz speechless :laugh:

10. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    The entire purpose of the US space program in the '60s- to paraphrase JFK - was to put a man on the moon by the end of the decade, hence the moon landing's impact on your life.

As to "...if it didn't happen...", if you choose to place any belief in such a hamfisted attempt at investigative documentary making, on a channel that is the televisual equivalent of The Daily Star, then I worry for you...

11. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Never mind all that! Did mr spoon go to button moon? I'd hate to think that was faked :(

12. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +504
    There was a fairly heated discussion on this subject a few months back.

See this site for more answers: http://www.redzero.demon.co.uk/moonhoax/

The only question I couldn't find an answer to was the what looked like an identical shot of a ridge, supposedly taken at 2 different locations. The program superimposed the 2 video shots and the rocks and ridgeline were identical. Spooky.

Chris

13. figrin_dan

figrin_dan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
  14. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +504
  15. bjd

bjd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
  16. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +504
    Watched Capricorn One last on SKY.

If I needed any more convincing that we did indeed land on the moon then this was it.

Just how would NASA expect not just one, but several sets of moon landing astronauts to just sit back and *pretend* that they had landed.

They'd all be certifiable by now if they could have kept a secret that big locked up for so long.

CL

17. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    Is this a repeat of a C5 programme taht was on a few months back?
    Still got it on my HD I think.

If so then it absolutley destroys all the conspiracy nonsense about the landings being fake. In which case it highlights all the FACTS and poo-poos all the conjecture.

In which case the landings certainly were NOT faked.

Thank goodness for this new crop of TV doc makers who have started dealing with the facts and looking at conspiracy theories/paranormal etc and making a laughing stock out of all of em.

Recent ones include....

JFK on BBC2 (classic, the best yet)
    Marilyn Monore on C5
    And all those other paranormal phenomanon expose docs, mainly on C4

It's all so obvious when you're presented with the facts and a little understanding of science.

18. bibooo

bibooo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Just quickly scanned through this thread, so forgive me if this has already been raised.

I thought the whole point was the landings were faked by the Americans at the time, so they could claim that they were the first to land on the moon (and beat the Russians to it).

They subsequently did land on the moon at a later date, when their technology would allow them to. This would explain why the mirror (mentioned in the earlier post) is there etc.etc.

Did they fake it? Yes. Did they land on the moon? Yes.

19. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    If it's the same one I watched previously then the whole point was to debunk the conspiracy nonsense, which it did, without a doubt.