• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

So, did anyone else NOT like the ending? *big fat spoilers*

H

hogl

So, I just completed MGS 4. I think it is probably the best game I have ever played, one of a kind.

There is just one thing that nags me. I thought the ending with snake killing himself to save mankind was very beautiful and deeply tragic, in a meaningful way. I was very touched by that scene. Then we find out that Snake didn't kill himself, suddenly, Big Boss is alive after all and the virus isn't even a threat any more.. sigh.

In fact, I think it is a general problem in the story line with people who were supposed to "be dead" suddenly returning.. It gets old and "soap opera"-ry(TM) real fast.

Am I the only one with this opinion?

Otherwise.. Great game, I never got around to playing any of the others.. But I will now, if only I can find them.

Br0ken

Distinguished Member
Yes and no, I can see your point and agree a little but I didn't think too much into it to be honest.

At least he didn't wake up in a hospital bed and we find out that he just dreamt the whole saga haha

onimkron

Standard Member
I just thought Snake deserved a heck of a lot better than killing himself, after all the things he went through from the first game up to now. Plus, it leaves options for a return in mgs 5 :D

gamen

So, I just completed MGS 4. I think it is probably the best game I have ever played, one of a kind.

There is just one thing that nags me. I thought the ending with snake killing himself to save mankind was very beautiful and deeply tragic, in a meaningful way. I was very touched by that scene. Then we find out that Snake didn't kill himself, suddenly, Big Boss is alive after all and the virus isn't even a threat any more.. sigh.

In fact, I think it is a general problem in the story line with people who were supposed to "be dead" suddenly returning.. It gets old and "soap opera"-ry(TM) real fast.

Am I the only one with this opinion?

Otherwise.. Great game, I never got around to playing any of the others.. But I will now, if only I can find them.

l am agree.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom