So, as there's now (in theory) going to be a delay........

pinnocchio

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Do you think that there will finally be an election called?

Do you think that Farage will roast BoJo on the fire of 'TRAITOR' for being this incompetent?

While I realise a lot of people on this board would like to think the Tories will romp home, in light of BoJo signing the delay do you really think the Tories will win an election?

Yes, even on this show the Tories would win a majority. That's been the problem, Boris doesn't have a majority to put anything through. The GE would give him that.

Really? The whole lot of them are duplicitous bunch, and are only interested in perusing their own goals, regardless of what their constituents want. They are resisting an election because so many of them know that they’ll be ousted, so better to screw the country whilst they still can. The next election will, I’m sure, result in a hung parliament, giving us pretty much what we have now.

Clem

After today I don't think an election is going to come into the agenda just yet. This extension will need to be sorted first.

Farage is a winner today though as he can spend the next few days at least winning some brownie points off the back of this.

Farage a winner? God help us all...

Farage a winner? God help us all...

Exactly. However it just means he can reiterate how badly everyone else is handling Brexit etc etc.

He could have been finished today.

Farage is a winner today though as he can spend the next few days at least winning some brownie points off the back of this.
---

Exactly. However it just means he can reiterate how badly everyone else is handling Brexit etc etc.

He might be a winner in a lot of Labour constituencies, (they appear to be a Remain party now) but in the Tory areas there will be support for Boris because he has put a lot of effort in securing a new deal from the EU (not an easy task) . It failed in Parliament because of silly party politics. As @kav said I would be laughing with the rest of the world if it wasn't so close to home.

Do you think that there will finally be an election called?

Based on what was being said last week then no. Several players are now calling for another referendum before a GE, so 6 - 12 months to hold a referendum and you might get a GE this time next year.

He might be a winner in a lot of Labour constituencies, (they appear to be a Remain party now) but in the Tory areas there will be support for Boris because he has put a lot of effort in securing a new deal from the EU (not an easy task) . It failed in Parliament because of silly party politics. As @kav said I would be laughing with the rest of the world if it wasn't so close to home.

Johnson put in mimimal effort in securing a deal. I'm perplexed as to how some believe it was a tactical move of genius. All he did was drop his red lines, and the EU smelled blood.

Anyway you may be right about Farage, but if Johnson fails to deliver on Brexit it's been repeated here many times how he's losing votes to Farage at the next election. I'm not sure just showing some "effort" is going to save him.

Not delivering Brexit could do serious damage to the Conservative party.

Farage is a clever politician and good orator, genial but lacks gravitas.

Cannot be taken too seriously, especially as he has failed many times to make it into Westminster as an MP.

Farage is a clever politician and good orator, genial but lacks gravitas.

Cannot be taken too seriously, especially as he has failed many times to make it into Westminster as an MP.

Yeah it's now or never for him. But there's a perfect storm brewing with an opposition leader whose an absolute numpty, and as I said above, a Tory party in danger of not delivering Brexit.

People will be pissed and looking for somewhere to turn.

Not saying he could win a majority of course, but he might get a foothold.

Dangerous times.

Johnson put in mimimal effort in securing a deal. I'm perplexed as to how some believe it was a tactical move of genius. All he did was drop his red lines, and the EU smelled blood.

Anyway you may be right about Farage, but if Johnson fails to deliver on Brexit it's been repeated here many times how he's losing votes to Farage at the next election. I'm not sure just showing some "effort" is going to save him.

Not delivering Brexit could do serious damage to the Conservative party.
You don’t know how much effort he put in or not. Nor does anyone who wasn’t part of it. You just let your prejudices shine through as per usual.

He didn’t just drop our red lines, he made them workable in a compromise. And not only that, it allowed for a deadlock to be removed on an item that was rejected three times already and openly said by the EU to be non negotiable.

You seem to underestimate the importance of that, and not giving the team credit for it either.

I agree on the last point, not delivering Brexit will damage the Conservative party. And they bring all those other parties who said they are for Brexit down with them.

You don’t know how much effort he put in or not. Nor does anyone who wasn’t part of it. You just let your prejudices shine through as per usual.

He didn’t just drop our red lines, he made them workable in a compromise. And not only that, it allowed for a deadlock to be removed on an item that was rejected three times already and openly said by the EU to be non negotiable.

You seem to underestimate the importance of that, and not giving the team credit for it either.

I agree on the last point, not delivering Brexit will damage the Conservative party. And they bring all those other parties who said they are for Brexit down with them.

Thinking for me once again. Shock horror :laugh:

I'm not sorry I don't tow the Leaver line that he's the second coming. He's a slimy politician, not to be trusted an inch. Few of them are of course, but he's on another level along with the likes of Farage.

It just surprises me so many are easily fooled.

I'm a bit confused (nothing new there then) but did I hear correctly that the Speaker may disallow a vote on the Boris WA on grounds it has already been voted on?

"It is possible that Mr Bercow could block the government's move, and rule that the vote cannot be repeated so soon because it effectively happened on Saturday."

"It is possible that Mr Bercow could block the government's move, and rule that the vote cannot be repeated so soon because it effectively happened on Saturday."

i think I shall have a party when Bercow has left parliament. He is a disgrace of a speaker!

i think I shall have a party when Bercow has left parliament. He is a disgrace of a speaker!
Don't blame the referee just because the players are so poor!

Don't blame the home team because the referee is on the side of the opposition ;)

Don't blame the home team because the referee is on the side of the opposition ;)

Like he said in his reply to Jenkins, he's also been on the side of the home team many times too.

But that is of course all conveniently forgotten.

Absolutely right, Bercow should just say "bugger it" to the parliamentary rules and procedures and let the Tories do whatever they want just so they can "get Brexit done". After all they'll try any old dirty tactic to get their own way.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom