• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

"snowy" effect on hitachi plasma

wallace4793

Standard Member
Hi

I have a hitachi 42pd7200 plasma which is quite a high spec in the range. I use a digital satelite to recieve my channels (sky).

On occasions the picture i recieve is awash with snow like an poor analogue signal. I know it isnt my satelite picture as it is fine if i change the channel or put the menu on. It seems to be on certain broadcasts on certain channels. for example C.S.I on living is sometimes especially bad and sometimes ok, eastenders is another that it seems to affect. Has anyone come across this before?

thanks john

wallace4793

Standard Member
Hi

No most channels are fine it seems to be on certain programmes... and even some dvds.. its as if a certain contrast or picture type casues it. And when csi for example goes to commercial break it is fine again... its something to do with how the programmes are broadcast.

Neil.B

Established Member
We have the 7500 which is meant to be the same as the 7200 but with freeview.
Sky is excellent as is freeview on all channels, even the fast moving pictures like football was supperb (shame i don't like football:rotfl: )

As windie said, it might be worth having the dish checked.

Neil

bob1

Prominent Member
It won't be the dish ,sky is digital so the picture would either be lost or just break up into small boxes.
The picture quality on some of the sky channels will be to blame, while some are very good others are allmost unwatchable.

wallace4793

Standard Member
unfortunately i have noticed the effect on a dvd (only fools and horses) all be it nowhere near as bad. This effect doesnt happen on my crt tv though.. it is literally like a snow storm sometimes!

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom