• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Snowy day 2

allymac123

Snow was starting to thaw today and the sky was just a solid grey mass which if it wasn't for the snow would have probably stopped me going out. Flat light can be good for waterfalls so I headed down to one I knew but tbh I think the light was just too flat.

Then headed back up to near where I was yesterday to discover a raging blizzrd infront of me. Took a pano of that (which I've yet to stitch but don't hold much hope for) and then turned round and discovered dark black sky behind me. Thinking the dark sky could contrast well with the light white foreground I went in search of a field and tree's. Here's the shots in reveverse chronological order.

#1 - Again, my fave by a country mile

130mm | F9 | 1/30s

#2 - These two I'm not particurarly taken with (they're more just to bulk out this thread :rolleyes:)
2167527428_6a85f1be85_o.jpg

28mm | F8 | 1/4s

2166734909_7b8c23dc2d_o.jpg

12mm | F11 | 20s | CPL + ND8

C&C most welcome.

Thanks

icemanonline

Distinguished Member
Nice shots ........I like No3-that is a beauty man...............:smashin:

R U In Edinburgh at the moment? Where were these and the other lot No1 taken?

Nice location.

I had to work and am on call now......Dam! :mad:

icemanonline

onefivenine

I think the angles work well in #3.
#1 is cool - but it did have me thinking that only 2/3 of the picture had loaded... for some reason... doh! ;) Must calibrate me monitor... :D

dazza74

Distinguished Member
#1 had me away as well "Onefivenine" :)

#3 for me "Ally", how did you manage the orange tinge to the water, PP or just a natural result of the filter?

Holowlegs

Hi ya

Another nice set Ally.:thumbsup:

#1 for me, would of maybe placed the tree a little bit more left, but what do I know:rolleyes:

Cheers Holo:smashin::smashin:

Beachball

Nice set Ally. #1 and #3 for me. The colour of the waterfall makes #3 stand out, particularly. :smashin:

julian_fraser

#3 is amazing!

V

vulkan75

your fav is my fav.

So simple and the composition is excellent.I love how the snow sits on the trunk and almost gives it a paited quality.

I can see what is meant by the doesnt seem to be loaded comments but thats because the forum page is white.....on black there would be no such problem.

Dont ask me why but because the water is dirty on 3 it turns me off the shot...not your fault obviously.

The second is very nice too,I reckon a portrait framing from further away would look good.

nice bunch of snowy shots:thumbsup:

allymac123

Nice shots ........I like No3-that is a beauty man...............:smashin:

R U In Edinburgh at the moment? Where were these and the other lot No1 taken?

Nice location.

I had to work and am on call now......Dam! :mad:

icemanonline

Do you know Threipmuir and Harlaw reservoir in the Pentland Hills? Around about that area. (just 'above' or south of Balerno)

#3 for me "Ally", how did you manage the orange tinge to the water, PP or just a natural result of the filter?

The water was muddy from the melting snow. Coluors are 100% natural (infact I don't think I really did any PP on the shot at all)

your fav is my fav.

So simple and the composition is excellent.I love how the snow sits on the trunk and almost gives it a paited quality.

I can see what is meant by the doesnt seem to be loaded comments but thats because the forum page is white.....on black there would be no such problem.

Dont ask me why but because the water is dirty on 3 it turns me off the shot...not your fault obviously.

The second is very nice too,I reckon a portrait framing from further away would look good.

nice bunch of snowy shots:thumbsup:

I think your reading my mind Vulcan as I agree with you intirely on every point!!

I haven't taken any notice of the 'complaints' about the picture looking half loaded as the snow was white and I haven't clipped anything in the picture according to the histogram so the pic snow is perfect in my opinion! Unless I should make the snow grey! :D

I'm with you on the browness of the water aswell. I'm not a massive fan of that pic myself.

Thanks everybody :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom