Snowtown (Justin Kurzel, LE 101 Films UK Blu-ray, January 2022)

IGC

Distinguished Member
Snowtown copy.png

UPC: 5037899075159

Damn horrifying classic from Australia. No Babadooks.

Will be supporting this release it'll be a nice upgrade to the Australian release

• The Boy from Gawler: An interview with director Justin Kurzel (NEW)
  • In At the Deep End: An Interview with actor Lucas Pittaway (NEW)
  • Commentary with film critics Alexandra Heller-Nicholas and Josh Nelson (NEW)
  • Limited Edition Booklet: Features 'Violence in the Suburbs' by Thomas Caldwell and 'Raw Horror: Social Realism in Snowtown' by Martyn Conterio (NEW)
  • Limited Edition rigid slipcase packaging with new artwork by Thomas Walker
  • Commentary with director Justin Kurzel
  • Deleted scenes with commentary
  • Original casting footage and EPK interviews
  • The Snowtown Crimes
  • Theatrical trailer

Amazon product

Jessica Noir

One of those very rare 'seen it once and that was enough' films along side Come and See and Watership Down. Disturbing would be putting it lightly.

IGC

Distinguished Member
Oddly, never actually seen Watership Down I did see Come and See maybe 35 years ago on TV and could never return to it -but I got the Criterion disc last week so I will have a look again for the extras alone.

When The Wind Blows is a bit of a shocker (disturbed me when I was young no other 'nuclear' film comes close) and really the only cartoon I've seen apart from Shrek. Not a lot in common.

Snowtown is horrible for sure (much more so if you read up on it) but the performances are top notch so I can rewatch it again and it supports the distributor too.

Jessica Noir

Snowtown is horrible for sure (much more so if you read up on it) but the performances are top notch so I can rewatch it again and it supports the distributor too.
Even though it's a tough watch, I'll be upgrading my old Revolver edition for this!

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom