• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Snowbreeze problems.

Hoping someone can help.

Got my first iphone a few months back, used snowbreeze to jailbreak, just followed the instructions and all was fine.

Had my iphone replaced last week and just can't get it to work, did exactly the same as before, but it keeps getting stuck on 'preparing iphone for restore...'. Then after about 5 minutes it says 'An unknown error occurred'.

I have used spirit to jailbreak since but would still like to get to the bottom of why I can't get snowbreeze to work. Especially since spirit isn't safe with the new itunes.

I've got an unlocked 8gig 3G.

Any ideas.

Thanks.

hutch

Distinguished Member
You need to put it in DFU mode rather than just Restore

w3dal

Distinguished Member

ruffage

Distinguished Member
Sn0wbreeze failed for me. :(

Even though my 3GS has the original iBoot it wouldn't restore to the custom firmware, and iTunes threw up a 1600 error, no matter what USB port I used.

Sn0wbreeze's iReb sw doesn't support the 3GS either so I couldn't use that.

I think it might have something to do with going from 3.12 Blackra1n > iOS4 stock > 3.13 Spirirt > iOS4 stock. What a carry on, matron!

To be fair Sn0wbreeze does say avoid if you've used Spirit, but I fancied a testing it as I'd used Blackra1n originally.

Now it's restoring to iOS4 stock fw, (thank fork for that!)

Come on Geohot, before I brick my device for good.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom