Snow

sizedoesmatter

Established Member
Reaction score
Have to say I looked at my LNB & it was covered in snow, couldn't see the nozzle bit (for want of a better description) & I half expected to have no signal.
But no problems at all, so there you go.

I got no signal at all this morning with all the snow :(

This thread must be a level? A bit of snow in England and the country comes to a standstill!! :rotfl:

I awoke this morning to find snow all over my flat panel screen :eek:

Must be down to the weather. :thumbsdow

Wife keeps nagging me to take the bust 32” LCD sitting next to the garage down the tip.

A tip on how to keep your Sky dish and LBNR like new. Do the same as my next door neighbour and stick a black bin bag over the lot. Looks real cool on the side of your house. :rolleyes:

I awoke this morning to find snow all over my flat panel screen :eek:

Must be down to the weather. :thumbsdow

Wife keeps nagging me to take the bust 32” LCD sitting next to the garage down the tip.

A tip on how to keep your Sky dish and LBNR like new. Do the same as my next door neighbour and stick a black bin bag over the lot. Looks real cool on the side of your house. :rolleyes:

its all fine doing that but condensation will build up in the bag and knack the lnb

No channels at all for me since 11pm last night cos of the snow. At least I got the day off work though.

No signal since 10.00 am. Managed to clear snow off LNB and arm but still no luck.Looks like I'm going to miss 24.

No signal since 10.00 am. Managed to clear snow off LNB and arm but still no luck.Looks like I'm going to miss 24.

Can't get anywhere near my dish, gonna have to wait for the thaw ! Will try and watch 24 on the Skyplayer tonight, never used it before so hope it works and isn't overloaded.

We can put man on the moon but can't think of a way to knock snow off a dish... A hosepipe often does the trick, but if it's snowing really hard and the signal is down as a result, there's not much that can be done.

Is it possible to lose signal 2 but still have signal 1 full strength? I looked on the dish/lnb and there was a little snow, soon came back on but within an hour signal 2 was off again, but now I can't see any snow on the dish at all :(

From reading posts in other threads i believe this is a power saving feature and the input is turned off when it isn't needed.

Hope that helps

Andy

From reading posts in other threads i believe this is a power saving feature and the input is turned off when it isn't needed.

Hope that helps

Andy

I believe this only happens on the Samsung Boxes it most deff does not happen on my Thompson

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom