Snow White and the Huntsman - Extended Collector's Edition Blu-ray Review

Tech News

News Supplying Robot
This is no fairy tale.

You know, you&rsquo;re hanging around at the bus stop waiting for the latest teen adaptation of the classic Brothers Grimm fairytale Snow White and the Seven Dwarves to turn up and, whaddya know, two come along at the same time. Mirror Mirror: the Untold Story of Snow White, the latest offering from Tarsem Singh, the director behind The Cell and Immortals, hit theatres just before Snow White and the Huntsman. Where Mirror Mirror aimed broadly in a still-suitably-for-kids PG fashion, intending to get by more on style than substance, Snow White and the Huntsman celebrated its more mature ratings (12A in the UK and PG-13 in the US), attempting to appeal to the more lucrative teen <em>

Read the full review ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Quaddy

thanks for the review Cas, interested to hear that the SQ & PQ is so good, will likely pick this up as demo material based on that

A bit frustrating that i found the movie itself such a disappointment, despite liking all the cast usually, i don't know what it was about it to this day, something wasn't right, something left me cold

I think that was partly Stewart's doing as much as i like her generally, she has a very limited range, but is adept at acting the angsty, star crossed lover, but a marauding princess in search of revenge she is not, she and Hugh grant's love child would surely be Pinocchio

I'll square the rest of the blame with the adulterous Sanders, boy is he going to need to come up with something good in the future to retain any good will and future funding!

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
youve missed the link for the review.... that or i'm blind! :D

Yup, it's been fixed now. Stupid newsbot sometimes decides not to even bother linking to the rest of the review, which, I'm sure, is always particularly useful for readers.

Thanks for point it out,
Cas

toddy28

good picture and sound :smashin:

terrible movie :thumbsdow

I was clock watching all the way through , had a couple good bits but most were boring

lucasisking

Distinguished Member
On the money as usual Cas. My light-hearted mini-review on the blu ray thread earlier came to a similar conclusion.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/17739292-post575.html

Where I'd differ from you is that I felt Charlize Theron was the stand-out performance and not Hemsworth. She sleepwalked through Prometheus, yet blew me away in this.

I also wish I'd seen the Theatrical cut (for once). The extended version seemed to drag a little.

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
Good review, but Stewart is so bad in this, she cant act in my eyes.

I can't disagree with that, at least not based on this movie or any of the Twilights... glad you liked the review :thumbsup:

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
On the money as usual Cas. My light-hearted mini-review on the blu ray thread earlier came to a similar conclusion.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/17739292-post575.html

Where I'd differ from you is that I felt Charlize Theron was the stand-out performance and not Hemsworth. She sleepwalked through Prometheus, yet blew me away in this.

I also wish I'd seen the Theatrical cut (for once). The extended version seemed to drag a little.

Thanks Lucas, glad you enjoyed it :smashin:

Totally agree on the Shrek comparison as well, completely forgot to put that in the review, I definitely remember thinking 'Shrek' when watching Hemsworth in this, not that that was such a bad thing.

And yes, Theron was good, I just struggled with a couple of scenes where she erupts and SHOUTS A LOT. One thing I didn't mention was how odd it was watching a movie where we're supposed to believe Kristen Stewart is more attractive than Charlize Theron. I know it's all subjective but, honestly, that's a bit of a stretch.

Cheers for the comment mate, nice to hear from you as always,

Cas

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom