Snow Leopard & PAYG USB Broadband

anorax25

Hello Folks,
I installed Snow Leopard on my daughter's Macbook Pro just before she returned to Australia and she has been told out there that none of the Pay As You Go Broadband USB sticks work with Snow leopard. Is this right? Does anyone have a working solution? The sales guy could just be trying to push her towards a monthly contract as I can't see why PAYG doesn't work but monthlies do.

Is going back to Leopard an option? If so, is it just a case of sticking in the original disk and holding C down whilst rebooting, then let it do a full install of the original Leopard?

Thanks in advance.

Col

Last edited:

westham

Not much help I guess with Australian USB dongle's but I have just tried the Vodafone USB, PAYG, dongle on my MBP 13" running 10.6.1 and it worked fine (despite what the guys say in the Vodafone shop!).

D

Deleted member 27989

Just get one of these, well similar for Aussie sims ofcourse...

3 - Mobile Broadband - MiFi

Absolutely brilliant, no need for software or wires connected...And could support more than one machine....Ideal in those bad connection areas, I leave one at the window and just move around the room....Or when using your laptop on your lap, you can just leave it in your bag, no risk of quickly putting the laptop in the back with something stuck in the dongle...

I think you can guess I like it :)

anorax25

Not much help I guess with Australian USB dongle's but I have just tried the Vodafone USB, PAYG, dongle on my MBP 13" running 10.6.1 and it worked fine (despite what the guys say in the Vodafone shop!).

So, they told you that PAYG didn't work on SL too?

Col.

westham

So, they told you that PAYG didn't work on SL too?

Col.

Yes, weird as the box has the OS X compatibility plus as soon as you plug it in the Vodafone Mobile connect software comes up ready for install. Perhaps they need to pass on a bit of training to the people actually selling the stuff as they don't seem to have a clue when it comes to Macs.

anorax25

Yes, weird as the box has the OS X compatibility plus as soon as you plug it in the Vodafone Mobile connect software comes up ready for install. Perhaps they need to pass on a bit of training to the people actually selling the stuff as they don't seem to have a clue when it comes to Macs.

Thanks westham, I'll let my daughter know.

Col.

Sy1441

Two of my T-Mobile usb modems don't have Snow Leopard software and after installing a new model (the 630) my MBP fails to get past the boot screen and i need to use the recovery disk.

Although I can get all 3 modems working none done the job out the box.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom