Snooker World Championships 2013

Soundburst

In Memoriam
Reaction score
Hey!

It's that time if the year again. Right around my birthday..... But also the snooker.

Who do you think will win!

I hope Ding, Ronnie, or Robertson.

Definitely not Selby, Dott or Allan

Soundburst said:
Hey!

It's that time if the year again. Right around my birthday..... But also the snooker.

Who do you think will win!

I hope Ding, Ronnie, or Robertson.

Definitely not Selby, Dott or Allan

Only a frame and a bit in, but Ronnie looking good. No mention of Trump?
Wide open championship this year. Hope it's a good one.

Have been waiting for this to come around, nice to see ronnie back but how is he favourite at the bookies is beyond me.

I'd like to see Ding have a good run and think Murphy is due a big win soon and I don't mind if its in the next 2 weeks,

I'm off to the Crucible tomorrow , seats on table 2 all day long so fingers crossed for 3 10-9 finishes.

Ding never seems to do too well at the worlds. Robertson seems very consistent and Selby obviously in form. Didn't catch Ronnie today not surprised he's favorite despite a year off the bookies know people will back him at any odds but at the same time if he turns up he's unplayable but it's always a big if with Ronnie.

Looking forward to it.

I'm off to the Crucible tomorrow , seats on table 2 all day long so fingers crossed for 3 10-9 finishes.

How did it go, i meant to get tickets but as usual left it too late :(

Great match between Allen and King last night. It is the first time i have really watched King play but i was certainly rooting for him in the end, he is quite animated really :)

It's the young rock star this afternoon then :D i will try and have this running on my PC whilst at work :)

Last edited:
Bye bye Robertson. Well done Milkins.

Well i saw two first's last night.
A frame being forfeited due to three misses.
A ref picking the white ball up and putting it onto the black spot :eek:
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Only really watch when the rocket is playing, hope he can win it again, he's a magician with a snooker cue

This Trump-Fu match is entertaining. What the hell is up with Trump's shoes?

Digsy said:
This Trump-Fu match is entertaining. What the hell is up with Trump's shoes?

Haven't caught the match but I seem to recall reading he wore some odd shoes once with spikes all over them. Believe they carried a hefty four figure price tag. Guessing its the same ones?

Haven't caught the match but I seem to recall reading he wore some odd shoes once with spikes all over them. Believe they carried a hefty four figure price tag. Guessing its the same ones?

Yeah that's them. He just beat Fu and looks good, he's got Murphy next. I'll try to watch as much of that as I can

His shoes were Christian Louboutins, about £800 i think, didn't he have problems with them being slippy ?

Have to say he currently looks like the player who would give the rocket a real challenge, wouldn't know which one to shout for as i quite like both players, those two in the final would make it a heck of a game.

His shoes were Christian Louboutins, about £800 i think, didn't he have problems with them being slippy ?

Have to say he currently looks like the player who would give the rocket a real challenge, wouldn't know which one to shout for as i quite like both players, those two in the final would make it a heck of a game.

Don't think Ronnie and Judd can meet in the final. They're both in the top half of the draw. Could meet in the semis.

This game tonight is going to be a goodun.

Shame re Selby, I played him in last year and he had a 136 total clearance against me !!!

How did it go, i meant to get tickets but as usual left it too late :(

Great match between Allen and King last night. It is the first time i have really watched King play but i was certainly rooting for him in the end, he is quite animated really :)

It's the young rock star this afternoon then :D i will try and have this running on my PC whilst at work :)

Thanks for asking, it was a good day out overall.

Not always the best snooker sadly as a few sessions were over quickly but saw Murphy turn it on at the end of his session. Edbon needs to give up quickly , cannot believe he is the same guy who won the WC once and I used to root for him. He is so slooooooooow and then plays bad shots, loads of people tut and shake their heads and it mustn't be fun for him either i guess.

Meet Steve Davies, Stephen Hendry and Hazel in the cue zone so that was a bonus.

Ronnie has made a few nice breaks tonight and don't think Ali can challenge him now or ever really for that matter. I'd like a Trump Vs O'Sullivan semi final for sure. I cannot believe how many seeds have gone out this round, if you had an accumulator on them I reckon the odds would have been massive.

Don't think Ronnie and Judd can meet in the final. They're both in the top half of the draw. Could meet in the semis.

If i'd been paying attention i would have known that wouldn't i :suicide: :D

I haven't followed it as closely as i usually would, just can't seem to get into some of the matches as they seem a bit "flat" but that just might be me, I've watched all of Trumps and Ronnies though, there seems to be more of an air of anticipation & excitement surrounding those two, if they do meet in the semi's i'll be glued to the box.

Been watching the game all my life on the box but never seen it live (excluding when I was playing). Must go before Ronnie really does retire. Wondering if Selby is trying to join Jimmy as the best never to have won the main prize

Been watching the game all my life on the box but never seen it live (excluding when I was playing). Must go before Ronnie really does retire. Wondering if Selby is trying to join Jimmy as the best never to have won the main prize

A live tournament really is worth it.
I'm lucky enough to get a lot of the top Scottish pros playing in the same club as me. Watching them practice can be quite mesmerizing. Stephen Maguire, contrary to his on table public image is a very friendly and funny guy.

No mention of Trump?
No mention by who:confused:? Actually lots of mentions. Lots of action too. Gone wrong today though.:(
Who is Jason Mohammad and where did he get such an odd mix of names?

What a great comeback by Judd, my two favourite players battling it out. I wish this was the final really.

No mention by who:confused:? Actually lots of mentions. Lots of action too. Gone wrong today though.:(
Who is Jason Mohammad and where did he get such an odd mix of names?
Sorry mate. That was directed at Soundburst, the OP. Every snooker thread he's always ranting about how lucky Trump is.

The Rocket looks absolutely relentless, a long pot down the cushion he just played would have to be a contender for shot of the championship, if he retains his current form i dont think there's anyone that could touch him with the consistency and imagination he's showing, fabulous to see him practice his craft.

I dont think Trump is any luckier or unluckier than any other player, he's probably more talented than many of them, good to see him coming back stronger as well.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom