Snooker 19 April 17th 2019

KennyNinja74

Distinguished Member
This came as a nice surprise, Snooker 19 is the first official game for over 8 years, and will be released in time for this years World Champioships which starts on the 20th April.

61Qnzu9exmL._SL1287_.jpg

KennyNinja74

Distinguished Member
Super excited....my copy has just been dispatched. That's early even by The Game Collections standards.:eek:

Ultrasonic

Thanks for the heads up :).

Leo31291

Distinguished Member
This is a great surprise! But watching the gameplay video it looks bog standard. Genuinely looks like a very early ps3 title. I've never heard of Lab42 but hey, at least there is a game.

I had a go at Hustle Kings a few years ago. Was good for pool but Snooker was ridiculously difficult.

Full Gameplay

Looks a bit ropey..

Last edited:

KennyNinja74

Distinguished Member
This is a great surprise! But watching the gameplay video it looks bog standard. Genuinely looks like a very early ps3 title. I've never heard of Lab42 but hey, at least there is a game.

I had a go at Hustle Kings a few years ago. Was good for pool but Snooker was ridiculously difficult.

Full Gameplay

Looks a bit ropey..

That's me haha, this is the deal that footage is pre April 17th patch, the devs have told me the patch will have substantial upgrades, whilst the animations look poor and full of bugs this is a pre EGX build, the game plays great.

Leo31291

Distinguished Member
woah haha :laugh:

I will wait for the patch.

GreasyTopLip

I think it looks pretty good

Few glitches etc but it's never going to be like fifa visual wise
But as a snooker game it looks decent

W90WBA

Was going to get this on the Switch but as no date announced might get it on PS4 - currently reduced to £26.99 for Plus members (not a huge saving from the £29.99) however nice to see a game retailing for that price and digital price matching it too

Doesn’t look brilliant, but hopefully any patches will improve it!

billy87mufc

Had this preordered on Amazon but for whatever reason they ain't delivering now until May 7th earliest.

Will pick it up elsewhere later.

W90WBA

Well after watching various YouTube videos and streams on Twitch I’ve just caved and purchased this!

W90WBA

First impressions

It’s hard!

A dead straight pot with little to no position require easy, but moment you start getting into cuts, snookers and safety becomes a really really hard game I think

Career mode is also tough, I’m on medium, but in 4 of my 5 qualifiers I’ve played Ronnie twice, Trump once and Selby once - guys that on any difficulty aint going to miss much

Online is also tough, currently playing someone who is on a 45 and counting break

GreasyTopLip

So hear this has had anther patch to fix ai safety shots etc

Any good?
Tempted to get this but see its got 1 star rating on psn lol

Looks good from videos I've watched

W90WBA

Yeah there was and the update has worked

I definitely wouldnt give it a 1 star rating

There is a tough learning curve for some shots/snookers/safety plays

It’s a bit like fifa - when its going your way you like it and it’s great, but when its going against you you hate it lol

I’d give it a 3.5/5

GreasyTopLip

Bought this today and after 3 games I think it's great

Yeah it's got a few glitches and jankyness (if that's a word) but the physics are perfect and the AI seems brilliant.
I was snookered by the AI and managed to get out of it only for the next 6 or 7 shots to be us both playing safety shots well before I messed one up.

Lost that frame but it felt great and I deserved the result

W90WBA

Just made my biggest break to date in my career - a 93 and first time I’ve cleared up too

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom