SNES query.

Derek S-H

Distinguished Member
Was rooting around in the loft and came across my old SNES.

It has a power cable, but whatever I used to connect it to the TV has disappeared.

Don't know if I'll ever use it again, to be honest, but it would be nice if I had some way of connecting it to a TV or AV receiver in future.

What do I need to get and where from please? Would it actually work with an OLED or would I need some sort of HDMI adapter?

Thanks!

p.s. Also had some games:

Super Mario Kart
Zelda: A Link To The Past
Addams Family Values (I seem to remember this was quite good)
Star Trek: The Next Generation (can't remember anything about this whatsoever)

I also have a cartridge-only copy of an RPG called Terranigma - currently selling for over £200 on Ebay! And a Super Game Boy add-on that allows you to play Game Boy games on your TV.

Last edited:

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
Kaico HDMI Adapter with S-Video and Composite Support Compatible with Nintendo N64, 64, Super Nintendo SNES, Famicom and Gamecube. A Simple Plug & Play Pass Through Adaptor Solution Amazon product

Derek S-H

Distinguished Member
No just first thing that showed up via Google 🤷🏻‍♂️
You could always go old school but that all depends on what inputs you have on your TV.
Okay, after doing more research, found this:

The price is terrifying, but the reviews are great.

It's also plug & play, doesn't cause flicker, have any latency issues, doesn't wash out the image and can be used across multiple unmodded consoles (which I have), like the SNES, N64 and Gamecube.

Thanks for your help with this, Gonzo!

hippo99

Distinguished Member
Okay, after doing more research, found this:

The price is terrifying, but the reviews are great.

It's also plug & play, doesn't cause flicker, have any latency issues, doesn't wash out the image and can be used across multiple unmodded consoles (which I have), like the SNES, N64 and Gamecube.

Thanks for your help with this, Gonzo!
Bear in mind that (I’m assuming) it’s a PAL SNES, the games will run horribly (running at 50hz speed & with big black borders).

You could probably get a 2nd hand SNES mini for not too much extra money. Can also very easily add additional roms if you wanted more than the stock 21 games.

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
Jeez that’s even more expensive 🫣
I sometimes play Snes games via an emulator on my WiiU, though that’s annoying due to 5GHz interference on the Gamepad from the Wi-Fi 😢
I’ve also got a SNES emulator disc for my Dreamcast but can’t connect that to my new TV until I get a similar adapter.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom