SNEAKERS (FILM STORIES LIMITED EDITION) blu-ray from PLUMERIA PICTURES

cybersoga

Prominent Member
Reaction score
New special limited edition of Sneakers on blu-ray.

SPECIAL FEATURES

• Exclusive new video interview with writer-director Phil Alden Robinson (45 mins)
• Exclusive audio commentary with Film Stories editor Simon Brew and Sneakers superfan James Moran (Severance, Cockneys vs Zombies)
• Exclusive audio commentary with film critic and Sneakers superfan Priscilla Page
• Audio commentary with writer-director Phil Alden Robinson and director of photography John Lindley
• 1992 cast interviews with Robert Redford and Sidney Poitier
• Original theatrical trailer
• English subtitles for the hard of hearing
• 5.1 and stereo audio tracks

Last edited:
That's an interesting choice.

I'd buy it to upgrade my US Blu-ray.

The HDDVD and Blu-ray US release had "The Making of Sneakers" documentary (40:04)

The Making of Sneakers (480i; 1.33:1; 40:04): This documentary has a copyright date of 2000, but the interviews appear to have been done much closer to the film's release. In the first part, Robinson, Lasker and Parkes discuss the lengthy writing process, sitting together at one point around a table heaped with drafts and manuscripts. Also interviewed are Prof. Len Adelman, a mathematics consultant who, among other contributions, wrote the speech delivered by Dr. Janek, and John Draper a/k/a "Captain Crunch", a famous hacker whose history supplied elements for the character of Cosmo. In the second part of the documentary, Robinson and his co-writers discuss the characters and story that emerged from the long writing process, supplemented by interviews with the principal cast.

great little underrated film.

Got my copy today, never owned this on any format. Haven't seen this for a while and had totally forgotten about this.

Considering how old the film is I was a bit taken aback when I had a quick browse through the cast interviews, and Redford was going on about how privacy was going to become a thing of real concern as computers invade more of our lives, quite an insight for a film that is almost 30th years old and pre world wide web.

Not too fussed about that slipcover but I'll still pick it up if I see it a bit cheaper.

22.PNG

Just noticed this has the same UPC as Plumeria's Soft Top Hard Shoulder 0712221037405.

I suppose it saves paperwork so good for the environment.

Or maybe that's their mobile number? :p

Picked it up:

sneakers.JPG

Tried it on my A player no locked message it simply fails to move ahead. Nice touch.

Duplicated UPC is confirmed, thinest cardboard slipcover I've ever seen and a nasty no-name plastic case with more wrinkles that a retired nun convention.

No new artwork or leaflet.

Not a great look for a intended boutique label.

No class.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom