Snazio 1310 or Pinnacle Showcentre 200?

WSH

Both the Snazio 1310 and Pinnacle Showcentre 200 seem to do the same job but the Piccicle is alot cheaper. Is the Pinnacle a good buy?

Nick_UK

Banned
The Pinnacle is the best kept secret in PC>TV connectivity. I only came across it when someone mentioned it in the SkyHD forum, so I made more investigations and ended up buying one. The performance of the box itself can't be faulted, but I feel the PC software could be a lot better. It's quite labourious the way that files are imported into the menus, and could be made a lot easier. It will also link up to a compatible Pinnacle analogue or digital TV card in the PC. The only other thing that lets it down is the lack of an HDMI connector, although it will go up to 1080i at 50 or 60 via the component outputs. I can't compare it to the Snazio, because I've never seen one.

Tarbat

We use our SC200 almost every day, either watching HiDef downloads (e.g. 24 in HiDef) or all our DVDs that I've ripped to XViD. Works flawlessly over wireless (802.11g). Ours is connected to a Samsung SP46L6HX HD-Ready TV using component. The lack of HDMI output didn't bother me since our TV only has one HDMI socket and that's reservered for Sky+HD when it arrives.

The only possible downside to the SC200 is that Pinnacle have gone very quiet on the support forums since they were taken over by Avid, so long-term support may be limited.

stridley

Novice Member
Agree with the previous posters- have had a showcenter 200 for a month now and performance is great-yes the software leaves a lot to be desired but it's still IMO the best option for getting your PC content flawlessly to your TV

D

DannyLizard

stridley said:
the software leaves a lot to be desired
Your not kidding :)

The Showcentre is very good for all the HD TV files but I've had mixed results with HD movie files more so .ts

To be honest I've had enough of the software & other issues so I've gone for a TVIX HD M5000U as a replacement.

Best product for all HD material has to be a pc (if you want all the fun that goes with it) :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

silversurfer24v

DannyLizard said:
Your not kidding :)

The Showcentre is very good for all the HD TV files but I've had mixed results with HD movie files more so .ts

To be honest I've had enough of the software & other issues so I've gone for a TVIX HD M5000U as a replacement.

Best product for all HD material has to be a pc (if you want all the fun that goes with it) :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:
i use HDTVtoMPEG2 to convert the .ts files to mpeg and they play without a hitch on my sc200

HDTVtoMPEG2 is a free program also, i just googled for it

WSH

I've placed an order for the showcentre 200 this evening and its due to arrive on thursday.

Blu4KHD

Hi Just My 2 cents i have the Snazzio 1350 basically just the same player but with DVD, Would just like to confirm it has played all my HD clips and Films In .ts format flawlessly.

:)

D

DannyLizard

silversurfer24v said:
i use HDTVtoMPEG2 to convert the .ts files to mpeg and they play without a hitch on my sc200

HDTVtoMPEG2 is a free program also, i just googled for it
Been there tried that still mixed results :thumbsdow

WSH: Swisscenter was a good option and well worth using over the Pinnacle software, I'd recomend downloading it: http://www.swisscenter.co.uk

probedb

Banned
Have a Snazio 1310 and loving it :) Software is actually ok as well. Interface isn't as speedy as it could be but it's essentially just a web browser.

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
Digicon said:
Hi Just My 2 cents i have the Snazzio 1350 basically just the same player but with DVD, Would just like to confirm it has played all my HD clips and Films In .ts format flawlessly.

:)
From a DVD disk or a hard drive?

Attu

Novice Member
Ive got the 1310 and it plays HD perfectly over my wired Lan and also from my 400GB packard Bell USB harddrive thats formated to NTFS, its a shame wireless cant quite keep up with HD stuff, its very close but to many pauses realy.
Like I said though over Lan and via USB hard drive its perfect.

Andy

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom