1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Snatch' Superbit 2 Disc Region 3 Problem

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by celticprince, Jan 14, 2004.

1. celticprince

celticprince

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all. I have just bought the above disc from CDWow at a good price, after the discount! However, I have noticed problems with the sound reducing in volume on many different parts of the film (not using DTS track). Also, on several panning scenes there appears to be a slight 'jerkiness' to the picture. CDWow have been really helpful and sent me out a replacement Region 3, but this is exactly the same. I am using a Tosh SD220 MR (Richer Sounds Mod) set to Auto (video setting) along with a Tosh Tv that can play Pal & NTSC (again set to auto). Does anyone know if this disc has known problems, or if not any advice would be welcome. I am not having problems with any other discs, although they are all Region 2. BTW, does Region 3 use Pal or NTSC? Thanks in advance, Chris.

2. Will K

Will K
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    R3 discs are NTSC, that might be causing the jerky picture.

3. celticprince

celticprince

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply Will K. The 'jerkiness' I have encountered is only on 1 or 2 scenes. Usually, if it was a problem re. NTSC, would I expect problems throughout the film? I recently bought a Philips DVD for my parents which was set to PAL. I saw the 'jerkiness' right from the start when playing a R3, until I changed the DVD setting to 'Auto'. Can this problem be intermittent? Thanks again, Chris.

4. mackemansj1

mackemansj1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi mate i have the same disc. Using a toshiba tv and sony play both set to auto.

I have never had this problem it may be the disc but having tried two the same it myay not.

You got any other ntsc dvds to try out or try setting the video to ntscto see if it helps

5. Spoonman2

Spoonman2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +181
    I`ve got the r3 superbit of Snatch( from Cd-wow) , watched it about 2 weeks ago, was fine on a Toshiba dvd player, and prog` scan tv.

Spoony.

6. celticprince

celticprince

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks all for the replies. Sounds like it is probably not the disc. It is the only NTSC disc I have at the moment and the vast majority of it plays fine. Have there been any probs like this with the ToshSD220 MR? I can't find anything since last years 1.5 firmware update after problems arose with playing "The Matrix". BTW, I have 1.5 firmware. The Tosh player doesn't have a NTSC option, but says "Pal or Auto", and the TV says PAL, Auto, 443NTSC or 358NTSC. Currently both set to auto, but which NTSC should be the one? Any further thoughts would be welcome. Thanks, Chris

7. dfield2000

dfield2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I've got a chipped tosh SD 2109 and a tosh 32" TV and I had similar problems when I played Resident Evil R1 Superbit.

I had both the player and TV set to AUTO. The problem went away when I switched the TV over to NTSC - I can't remember if I chose 358 or 443 - just try them both and it should be obvious when you choose the wrong one as the picture will look terrible.