Snatch 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Surprised this only got 8 for the movie itself. A 9 all day long. One of the best British movies ever made IMHO.

Incidentally, does anybody know why the Apple version does not have an Atmos audio track .... but has Dolby Vision?

Last edited:
Echo everything already said.
Love Mike Read in this.

"Avvvveeeee!"
"Sit down and shut up you big bald fudge!"

Echo everything already said.
Love Mike Read in this.

"Avvvveeeee!"
"Sit down and shut up you big bald fudge!"
"Avi, we have beaches"
"So? Who the fudge wants to see them?!"

Watched this 2 or 3 times in the last couple of weeks can't wait for the 4k to be delivered.
Movie is a 9 for me, prefer this to lock stock even though that is excellent.

Surprised this only got 8 for the movie itself. A 9 all day long. One of the best British movies ever made IMHO.

Incidentally, does anybody know why the Apple version does not have an Atmos audio track .... but has Dolby Vision?
Agreed!! This only scored 1 point higher than the tomorrow war! 🤔🙄😆🤦‍♂️

I hate the bits where Ritchie zooms in on the writing on the replica gun and then Vinnie's gun.

It wasn't funny when it came out and it's still not funny.

Aside from that, I think it's a terribly underrated movie.

No doubt this is Ritchie's best movie before he disappeared up his own bum. Everything he did after this has varied in quality so much it makes me wonder if it was more luck than judgement that Snatch and Lock, Stock turned out as good as they did. The amount of bloody cockney crime capers that came out after this boggles the mind. Still, Snatch is a great movie and always worth another watch.

I hate the bits where Ritchie zooms in on the writing on the replica gun and then Vinnie's gun.

It wasn't funny when it came out and it's still not funny.

Aside from that, I think it's a terribly underrated movie.
Don't understand why you dislike that scene so much...or am I missing something?

Maybe I need to watch it again. We all miss stuff like this I suppose. One of my fave movies of all time is Wall Street but I watched it last week and for the first time it dawned on me just how unrealistic it was when Gekko starts naming the companies he told Bud Fox to investigate/insider deal at the scene in Central Park...all for the sake of the wire tap Fox is wearing. Still a fantastic movie though.

On release I thought Snatch would be talked about in the same vein as The Long Good Friday or Get Carter. Plenty on here who still like it and for that matter I do myself.
Just wonder whether a few of Guy Ritchies spectacular flops have contributed to it being sneered at in some quarters as just another mockney crime movie.

On release I thought Snatch would be talked about in the same vein as The Long Good Friday or Get Carter. Plenty on here who still like it and for that matter I do myself.
Just wonder whether a few of Guy Ritchies spectacular flops have contributed to it being sneered at in some quarters as just another mockney crime movie.
I have never heard of anybody who disliked Snatch ... never mind sneered at it. It's obviously got a lot more comedy elements than those 2 classics you mentioned, but I for one, would rather watch Snatch over both of them.

The problem with Snatch (yes I did say that) is that it was instigated by the success of Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. It is in effect part of the same franchise and uses much the same recipe. If you therefore compare the two films side by side then Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels is the better film. It was original while Snatch simply tried to emulate it. Snatch did give rise to a TV series, but this only lasted 2 seasons.

I have never heard of anybody who disliked Snatch ... never mind sneered at it. It's obviously got a lot more comedy elements than those 2 classics you mentioned, but I for one, would rather watch Snatch over both of them.
I think there’s hearing about it and then reading and listening to reviews of critics and I’m not talking about 80% of those on rotten tomatoes. I only pay attention to those whose comments and critiques I’m willing to pay attention.
I like the movie but there’s certainly an element of a retread of lock stock and let’s be fair Ritchie has since made quite a few movies on variables of those two.

Taken at face value I think it’s fine, better than fine.

I liked this I think it's the only Ritchie film I've seen in the cinema (although I did see Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels when it was re-released mind getting in for £1.00 at the Cameo in Edinburgh IIRC)..

No rush to buy mind you £12 good for me.

snatch.jpg

Just about the most rewatchable film in history (after Goodfellas). Bought the disc and was a little gutted - looked kinda dark and a little flat. Then turned on Dolby Vision and it looks amazing.

Why has this been released on 4K disc and Lock, Stock not?

I went to play my Lock, Stock DVD the other day and it's cream crackered. So, I bought the blu-ray from Germany but, would've rather had a 4K hard copy.

"Guns for show, knives for a pro"

"Can everyone stop getting shot!"

Why has this been released on 4K disc and Lock, Stock not?

I went to play my Lock, Stock DVD the other day and it's cream crackered. So, I bought the blu-ray from Germany but, would've rather had a 4K hard copy.
They belong to different studios and both are not under the control of the same distributor.

“Do you know what nemesis means”………..? Bricktop, surely the ultimate bad guy. Brilliant film, ordered.

Last edited:
“Do you know what nemesis means”………..? Bricktop, surely the ultimate bad guy. Brilliant film, ordered.
Yes these 3 worked for it. :rotfl:
the-champions worked for Nemasis.jpg

Also the Greek goddess of retribution.

Yes these 3 worked for it.
View attachment 1544097

Also the Greek goddess of retribution.
Growing up watching this, Alexandra Bastedo may not have been Greek, but was definitely a Goddess, as far as I was concerned. And She could retribute me anytime :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom