Snatch 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Evinger

Distinguished Member
Will have to pop this on the rentals list. The Missus is a big fan of Lock, Stock, & watched this ages ago, so a quality revisit would be fun!

steviedr

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the review.

I watched this last week, the script is so enjoyable, so many quotes and memorable characters. I cant believe its over 2 decades old, I do class Snatch as a modern British classic. For anyone who hasn't watched Guys latest "The Gentlemen", its worth a watch (its on Prime, but they have pulled the UHD version), reminded me of Snatch, but you can see how the director has really fine tuned his technique.

mb3195

Distinguished Member
This and Lock, Stock are still Richie's best IMO.

AVFAndy

This is just about as perfect as it gets (for me at least).
I've enjoyed the film in the past but the dial went up to 11 this time.
I think the substantially improved video and audio may have helped enhance the experience even more - i don't think the blu-ray was anything particularly special from what i remember.
This should be in every collection - if you like this kind of film.

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the review Simon. But it was utterly pointless since I’d purchase this no matter what.

Love this film. In my top 5 enjoyable films no doubt. So quotable, so much fun and Brad Pitt just throwing himself into his role perfectly.

Tyron has me in stitches everytime he gets out of the car and opens his mouth and I’ve only ever referred to binoculars as bi-noc-u-lars since.

Yeah can’t wait for this to drop through the letterbox. Be about two minutes apparently.

Amar

Let's hope they give us a slipcase in periwinkle blue :rotfl:

Kyle009

Can quote this film pretty much from start to finish. Glad it has gotten a great 4k scan - will pick this up day one.

UMAR 3:16

‘It’s too tight!’
‘Tight?! You can park a fuc**** jumbo jet in there’

tyron is the getaway driver! WTF can he get away from! 😂

LOVE this movie!

Evinger

Distinguished Member
For anyone who hasn't watched Guys latest "The Gentlemen", its worth a watch (its on Prime, but they have pulled the UHD version), reminded me of Snatch, but you can see how the director has really fine tuned his technique.
We watched this a few weeks ago. Absolutely great stuff, I agree!

jdevil

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the review.

I watched this last week, the script is so enjoyable, so many quotes and memorable characters. I cant believe its over 2 decades old, I do class Snatch as a modern British classic. For anyone who hasn't watched Guys latest "The Gentlemen", its worth a watch (its on Prime, but they have pulled the UHD version), reminded me of Snatch, but you can see how the director has really fine tuned his technique.

I also find The Gentlemen very very similar to this, it's more of a larger budget mainstream film albeit 20 years too late.

steviedr

Distinguished Member
It’s hard not to include a few quotes :) but if you look them up, you may as well include the whole script..

Bricktop has the lions share, such a great / frightening character (although Sexy Beasts Don still wins on the fear factor) but Mickey’s accent is fantastic…I need a
shoite

raduv1

Distinguished Member
Nice one , where is Lock Stock though ? And I mean where as its awol it seams on physical and streaming ..

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
Nice one , where is Lock Stock though ? And I mean where as its awol it seams on physical and streaming ..
Yeah you can’t have one without the other. But I fear it might not be getting the same treatment. It’s definitely a bit more…..cockerney but still an ace film and that Bren Mk1 machine gun is hilarious.

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Well, I got this for £3 on iTunes. It's 4K Dolby Vision for now on iTunes. Glad that Sony didn't apply their usual light cannon HDR grading on this. It just looks true to how it was shot (cold and drab look well preserved).

This is another one I will try on 4K disc when the price is around £10.

holtehero

Distinguished Member
Does this have the subtitles for the Mickey parts? I remember laughing when i found those on the bluray

bongo123

An absolutely perfect movie and as other have said filled with some of the best and downright hilarious dialogue put to film

[Tyrone just backed into Franky Four Fingers' van]
Tyrone: I didn't see it there.
Vinny: It's a four ton truck, Tyrone. It's not as though it's a packet of ****ing peanuts now is it?
Tyrone: It was at a funny angle.
[All three turn and look back at the van]
Vinny: It's behind you Tyrone. Whenever you reverse, things come from behind ya'.

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
What has he got tes cosy on his head for?!!

It won’t open cos it’s a security door!

you can keep that fat ***ker, the lads can’t lift him.

Oh the joys of this film.

Last edited:

Evinger

Distinguished Member
I'd forgotten how fun the script is! :D

Matson

Distinguished Member
loveeeee this movie and great to see its a good transfer. ill definitely pick this up before....zee Germans get it :rotfl:

Evinger

Distinguished Member
loveeeee this movie and great to see its a good transfer. ill definitely pick this up before....zee Germans get it :rotfl:
Too late, Mate! Zis German already has! :D

Nocturnal

This great classic wouldn't be allowed in today's cancel mob culture which only en-*******-hances it further.

Possibly the best for memorable one-liners with a star cast and characters.

Just over 2 decades old but they don't make em like this anymore

This film is a 10/10, the reviewer didn't get the stereotypical satire which is now cancelled 😁

raduv1

Distinguished Member
Off topic , back in the day I had the classic Brick Top " your on thin fudging ice...pedigree chums " quote as a ringtone .

I was in a management meeting and my mate on the shop floor thought it would be laugh to ring me .

Oh did my face turn a deep shade of red .

raduv1

Distinguished Member
Yeah you can’t have one without the other. But I fear it might not be getting the same treatment. It’s definitely a bit more…..cockerney but still an ace film and that Bren Mk1 machine gun is hilarious.
Only guessing, the rights for Lock Stock must be convoluted mess given that the film has no streaming presence I can see . I have the dvd from back in the day but dod not upgrade to the BD as its supposed to be an awful transfer.

OK though I like me some snatch ...

steviedr

Distinguished Member
Off topic , back in the day I had the classic Brick Top " your on thin fudging ice...pedigree chums " quote as a ringtone .

I was in a management meeting and my mate on the shop floor thought it would be laugh to ring me .

Oh did my face turn a deep shade of red .
Now if your boss had off been on form, he should have said to you (after your ring tone), oi, raduv1, in the quiet words of the Virgin Mary …:)

The latest video from AVForums

LG C1 OLED TV Best Picture Settings for SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sky drops Sky One brand and introduces Showcase and Max
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cleer Audio announces Roam NC, affordable TWS earbuds
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Toshiba smart TVs add Amazon Music and Twitch apps
  • By Andy Bassett