Snap, Crackle and Pop

kBm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Celebrating Chinese New Year in Chester, been my hometown now for 8 years.
Sony A6000 & 16-70@70mm
ISO 200
F5.6
1/200th

It was one of those events where the crowds packed the high street, so I had no control over moving or shooting a different angles. It was lady luck then, that the fire cracker cage lined up with the famous East gate clock. :smashin:

:clap: great shot!

Nice One :cool:

Nice idea, and i like the composition. I like the editing too (i'd like to know more about).

Only negative from me is it needs straightening a tad?

I like this, very different. I'm not sure whether I'd prefer the focus on the front of the crowd rather than the fireworks though.

Agree with above, cracker of a shot

The clouds and the blue in the sky look posterised - the detail in the cloud seems to have been squashed down to three or four tones. I don't necessarily dislike it but there's lots of detail elsewhere so its surprising.

Agree - almost looks like one of the presets Ami used to use for some of her stuff....

It's funny for sure :)

Thanks for all the feedback. :thumbsup:

The PP was fairly standard;
Reduced highlights, darks
increase vibrance, clarify, dehaze
Crop and straighten

I think I added a gradient filter to the sky to rescue the highlights. May of overcooked it slightly. I can't check at the moment via LR mobile, most edits come up but not gradient filters.

This is one my favourite images this month. Not sure about the processing on the sky, but I like the focus on the firework cage in the image, just as the focus of the people (and their camera's) are too. Captures a sense of the life of the town, very nice.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom