Snakeskin

Jon_C

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

This is my first time entering the competition so please, someone let me know if I've done anything incorrectly.

I took this photo on Sunday night at Ballyholme Beach in Bangor, Co Down.

Camera used: Nikon D3100
Shutter speed: 1/125 sec
Aperture: f/22
ISO: 100
Focal length: 18mm (35mm focal length: 27)
Lens filter: NDX8
Post-processing: Graduated filter on sky (exposure -1, temp 10) in Lightroom

Attachments

• snakeskin-for-AVforums-comp.jpg
    snakeskin-for-AVforums-comp.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Welcome to the Compo. Crew :)

Nice shot - must admit it's not what I was expecting with the title though...

Jim

Thanks - I do hope you see why I titled it that way though.

By the way, why is the pic now showing as a grey square? I'm viewing this on the Android app but it appeared fine last night. Can everyone else see it OK?

Thanks - I do hope you see why I titled it that way though.

By the way, why is the pic now showing as a grey square? I'm viewing this on the Android app but it appeared fine last night. Can everyone else see it OK?

I "sort of" see why you titled it the way you did :)

I can still see the picture attachment o.k. and it clicks-through to this size

Jim

Welcome to the comp. Like your take on the theme. Not sure about the sun being so blown out, nor the colours...would have like to see this look a little 'warmer'

I see what you mean.

I'm still very much a novice but I'm reading and practising as much as possible - and perhaps most importantly, seeking others' opinions on my shots.

Thanks for the welcome and for your feedback.

Jon

As per the competition rules Exif should be available, either embedded in the image or available and easily found via your own personal hosting site, Flickr etc

Alternatively please email me the original at [email protected] to verify your entry :thumbsup:

Thanks

Hi Zone,

Sorry, I didn't realise that Photoshop's 'save for web' command that I was using to resize the image must strip out the Exif data (at least I think that's what has happened).

I've emailed you a crudely shrunk-down version of the original as a quick fix but I'll do my best to figure out how to do it properly for next time (with a little help from anyone who comments on the photo sharing thread, probably).

Jon

I've emailed you a crudely shrunk-down version of the original as a quick fix but I'll do my best to figure out how to do it properly for next time (with a little help from anyone who comments on the photo sharing thread, probably).

Jon

Got it Jon, cheers :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom