Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins (18 August 2021) directed by Robert Schwentke

1623360993390.png

1623361055509.png

1623361099686.png

1623361152768.png

Hard pass for me, more Hollywood identity politics of recasting established white characters with POC actors. A character like Snake Eyes is like Judge Dredd or Wolverine where less is more. No one making this film respects the character or the GI Joe lore.
It's 2021, double standards are all the rage now...

On the plus-side, this film is clearly an absolute turd.

A few snippets from various reviews off rotten tomatoes show our dire this turd of a movie will bomb

"Henry Golding’s Snake Eyes is certainly the protagonist, but he is most definitely not a hero; in fact, he operates like a villain through most of the runtime –portrayed as a revenge-blinded backstabber who is willing to betray a mindful, peace-seeking group that takes him in as family"

"Non-fans may enjoy this spinoff more than franchise fans"

I don't mind bad reviews if I'm interested in a film property. i will make my own judgement, i know its going to be usual summer popcorn fodder e.g. F9, you can still enjoy the mindless action.

I'm giving it a provisional 6.5/10

Geeks & Gamers review

Geeks & Gamers review

Geeks & Gamers review

Absolutely dismal opening weekend stateside with $13m. Safe to say this is the last GI Joe movie we’ll be seeing (or not seeing) for a while.
Odeon limitless pass holders a get an early screening next Monday, don’t think I’ll bother personally.

Sadly, I'm not surprised. The trailers haven't done anything to make me want to use my Cineworld Unlimited card to watch this.

Not a train wreck, it had a weakfish plot, but it was never boring, the production was solid, watched it on a cheaper standard screen, still 4k, and great sound.

:cool: the PIT TRIAL was fun in this with murtha ********
giant snakes!

Iko Uwaus was wasted as Hard…

There is a early mid credits scene, which sets up a character

6.7/10

Last edited:
It's out there in the states it appears on digital.

Saw the trailer before Suicide Squad the other day and just thought it looked dreadful, not surprised it's not done great.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom