SN15 - Reporting for duty sir!

JimmyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So SN15 is awaiting an imminent launch, potential for Monday by sound of it.

I thought they were still waiting for cryo pressure test. Should be this week hopefully.

theyve got to fit some engines to it first :) it needs a cryo test, with the hydraulic thrust simulator to prove the new puck design. then they can fix the engines, then do a static fire test, which they might get done this coming week assuming everything goes to plan. then get the TFRs logged and FAA approval, plus the FAA delegate back on site for the launch.

so a launch attempt feels like at least no earlier than the week of the 19th at the moment to me, most likely the 20th ie 420... which would be very Musk appropriate, but I dont know that theyd pick stuff like that deliberately, they go when its ready, which is not quite yet IMO

Hopefully the raptors are going in now , static fire next couple of days , fly by the end of the week ......

Possible static fire today 12-8 UTC , if you do Twitter then it’s worth following @BocaRoad for road closure notifications 👍

Static fire early next week. Likely test date is next Thursday.

The NASA/Artemis news makes these Starship tests even more important.

I’ll be honest , I was amazed when I heard that , although it’s not surprising with the place that spacex can turn out 👍

looks like things are aligning for a static fire test and a potential launch in this coming week assuming the static fire is successful, it is worth highlighting these are new iterations of Raptor engines, so it might still be only 50/50 for a launch this week at the moment.

Now that they have got the lunar lander contract I fully expect to see a very rapid rise in the whole spacex schedule .....

Now that they have got the lunar lander contract I fully expect to see a very rapid rise in the whole spacex schedule .....
faster than what they are doing? - i think that NASA gave the contract to SpaceX because they were scared that they would be left behind by SpaceX's rapid development. Now they can claim some ownership of the project.

Look at their 2 new 'rigs' which could potentially work outside of the jurisdiction of the US (ie in international waters), NASA wants to control and reign them in.

On the other hand, maybe this will get the FAA more aligned and flexible with SpaceX.

Cryo test completed. Looks like static fire test tomorrow and potential flight test on Thursday. Aside from sticking the landing there are a bunch of issues that still need to be fixed so hopefully they can cross some of the list after this test.

Static fire scrubbed for today. Will try again tomorrow. They have done static fire and launch on same day before but launch looks like its going be to push into next week most likely.

Two static fires completed. Unless they have found some issue then I would expect an attempt today or tomorrow.

FAA approval has come through, TFRs are in place, road closure planned Friday...checks weather...thunderstorms...hmm launching a steel metal tube filled with flammable propellants in thunderstorms sounds a bad idea, actually getting people on a high lift crane to unlock the fins, set the flight termination device next to a steel tube in thunderstorms sounds a really bad idea, though supposedly Starship is designed to cope with being struck, but we will see if they proceed, or hope the weather will improve.

Potential for launch today, weather not great and village not cleared yet but not cancelled either

Can't see a reason and seems it was a fairly early decision. No notification to evacuate was given so I don't think they ever saw today as the day

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom