SN11 on launch pad ....

It crashed then? :confused: :D

Yep. According to Elon:
“Something significant happened shortly after landing burn start. Should know what it was once we can examine the bits later today.”
“At least the crater is in the right place!”

Thanks, I watched it without sound, and what with the fog wasn't quite sure what happened.

Engine 2 had problems on ascent, failed to reach chamber pressure. Looks like RUD happened prior to touchdown.

Have to remember that raptor is probably the most advanced engine every developed.

He might come over as a little grumpy
But I can't really disagree with this guys general view on yesterdays sad result:

He might come over as a little grumpy
But I can't really disagree with this guys general view on yesterdays sad result:

no I dont agree with that guys take, Im not going to break it down piece by piece where I think he's got it wrong as it would be unfair, ultimately we are all fans of this stuff at the end of the day,entitled to our opinions and want to see it succeed, I dont think he is criticising just to be contrary as some youtubists sometimes are.

I was disappointed SN11 disassembled the way it did, I dont think it was a mistake to launch when it did, but I think we forget how early we are in this vehicles development, it was on only its 4th flight and just that one video actually lasts longer in duration than all four flights elapsed time combined so far, and that I think perfectly enscapulates where we are at this stage, and with the upgraded SN15 next in line.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom