• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

SMS can only create 160

Rookies

Distinguished Member
Is this only option as coming from a iPhone when i could type a long message as i could I've found today I can do this on the Samsung S5 :(

UberCoder

Established Member
SMS has a limit of 160 characters however some phone software will either automatically split messages into multiple ones if more than 160 chars or send the message as an MMS. You could use a 3rd party app such as Handcent SMS to deal with your messages if the stock one doesn't deal with it well.

Jules

Distinguished Member
one of the reasons my adventure in to Android land with the note3 was so brief. I returned to iPhone after 4 weeks.
iPhone just seams to allow you to type SMS messages of infinite length to anyone with no issue or extra charges,

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
Hangouts on Android is the better default messaging app, and doesn't seem to have limits, in fact, I can't remember the last time I had messages split or saw a limit.

Rookies

Distinguished Member
Might get WhatsApp one day and get friends on it to send mms free

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom