Smp-n200

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by bilbonvidia, Jan 4, 2012.

1. bilbonvidia

bilbonvidia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    My FIL got one of these to watch iplayer on but would also like to stream the occasion video.

I noticed some files would not play. Is it likely to so with sound ,dts vs ac3 , the dts one played or is it the avc encoding rate I think the one that would not play was 5.1 more reference frames not sure not at home at the mo.

If it was the avc rate what program could I use to re-encode without losing perceivable quiality?

2. NX3

NX3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    It plays DTS audio so it will more likely be the codec used for the video. If you want to stream to the box I'd recommend using Serviio (its free) and it will transcode on the fly any formats that the box can't natively play.

3. bilbonvidia

bilbonvidia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    It was the ac3 file that didn't play. Both files the one that would and would not play where avc according to media info. The one that would not play had a higer number of "reference frames" "higher profile" not sure what that means but could that be the reason it did not play?

If so what software could I use to alter? I'll try serviio it sounds good but dont think it will be able to re-encode on the fly with out killing the old machine it will be running on. :)

4. bilbonvidia

bilbonvidia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Serviio did not work for the problematic files namely any that were avc encoded with 5.1 high profile. Handbrake re-encoded them and now they play fine.