Smoking Weed, did it lead to other drug use?

Smoking Weed, did it lead to other drug use?

• No

Votes: 78 68.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 28 24.6%
  • Never smoked it, but done other drugs

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters

Golf_turbo

Prominent Member
Reaction score
So, I am curious to see how many people that smoked it have tried other drugs.

Please try keep it on topic. :D

Do you answer YES if you have tried something once and decided it's not for you, or only if you become a user of another drug after initially taking weed? :confused:

I think the word your looking for is experiment

I used caffeine, alcohol and tobacco before I tried cannabis, so cannabis didn't lead me on to other drugs.

In fact being drunk made me more receptive to trying cannabis.

yeah I used other drugs after using weed but having used weed first had nothing to do with it. I'd have done it anyways.

Now cigarettes lead me to weed as theres no way in hell i'd have been able to take it down if I hadn't already been smoking.

And no, I rarely ever take drugs. Only if a mate offers me some;)

I think the word your looking for is experiment

No it wasn't. ;)

So how do you interpret the question? after smoking weed have you ever experimented with other drugs?

Or does he mean After smoking weed do you now take other drugs regulary.

:confused:

I know this is debateable, but a cousin of mine started on weed years ago (when he was arounf 16) which lead onto stronger drugs and his eventual death due to overdose/mixing drugs......

No it wasn't. ;)

So how do you interpret the question? after smoking weed have you ever experimented with other drugs?

Or does he mean After smoking weed do you now take other drugs regulary.

:confused:

Sorry. I meant: Any regular weed smokes tried any other illegal drugs.

A few of my mates went on to Mushrooms and pretty much the same few on to other things, but only the slight minoroty.

Does doing bad weed, so popping a neurofen afterwards count as leading onto other drugs?

I smoked weed when I was younger and did take other drugs after that but I don't think I tried "harder" drugs because of weed - I would have taken them anyway.

Nowadays I don't take any drugs or even alcohol so I guess you could argue that weed led me to a life of sobriety. Hows that for the gateway theory?

I believe that smoking cannabis led to the suicides of my two best mates.
They were smoking more and more every time i saw them.
Over the years they went into a deep depression, one committed suicide then approx. 6 months later so did the other...

2003 BMW ///M3 Coupe
2005 Kawaskai Zx6r
PS3//360/Wii/PSP/DS
Samsung 52" 1080p HDTV/lots of other AV stuff

Looking at your signature I see that you've left out the washing machine, laptop and coffee grinder :rotfl:

Hi Chaps

Having never smoked - anything, I may not be in the best position to comment, but here goes anyway...

My bigger concern is the source of the weed etc... Where do people get this from ? They must get it from someone, who gets it from someone else, who may get it from someone else - and I am sure somewhere in this chain you have 'someone' who is dealing in something more dubious.

So those who see this as a casual pastime - somewhere down the line are funding more serious drug use - and I am sure that the stats state that a huge percentage of crime in this country is directly related to drugs. So the scum who has just mugged your nan or nicked your AV gear somewhere has a relationship with the source of your casual smoke.

Obviously not in all cases and possibly a huge generalisation. But I am sure that not everyone who supplies weed ONLY sticks to this market, or if not directly, further up the chain.

Forgive me if I may have upset anyone here - just my thoughts...

Hi Chaps

Having never smoked - anything, I may not be in the best position to comment, but here goes anyway...

My bigger concern is the source of the weed etc... Where do people get this from ? They must get it from someone, who gets it from someone else, who may get it from someone else - and I am sure somewhere in this chain you have 'someone' who is dealing in something more dubious.

So those who see this as a casual pastime - somewhere down the line are funding more serious drug use - and I am sure that the stats state that a huge percentage of crime in this country is directly related to drugs. So the scum who has just mugged your nan or nicked your AV gear somewhere has a relationship with the source of your casual smoke.

Obviously not in all cases and possibly a huge generalisation. But I am sure that not everyone who supplies weed ONLY sticks to this market, or if not directly, further up the chain.

Forgive me if I may have upset anyone here - just my thoughts...

Doesn't bother me in the slighest if I'm indirectly funding thieves/muggers/terrorists etc... if it doesn't come from one person it will just come from someone else. Now first hand funding them would be a different story all together.

In my 20s I frequently took ecstacy, speed, and charlie - only very rarely took weed. I ended up with a nice cocaine addiction at the age of 25, which took me 2 years of counselling to get out of. I have not touched any drugs at all for about 4 years now.

Now I had many mates who started on weed, then took virtually every class a available, then gave them all up but still smoke weed. They would have taken the harder drugs at some stage anyway - even if they had never had weed. I don't believe that smoking weed leads to other drug use, weed smokers don't seek out more intense highs by moving onto or pills or coke as they offer a completely different experience. Weed smokers searching for a greater high simply try a different strain of weed.

I don't believe that smoking weed leads to other drug use, weed smokers don't seek out more intense highs by moving onto or pills or coke as they offer a completely different experience. Weed smokers searching for a greater high simply try a different strain of weed.

Spot on. :smashin:

This issue is oft discussed but virtually impossible to answer accurately for anybody.

Did it lead to..

Well, I don't know, I did smoke weed and I did take drugs, did the weed take me by the hand to the local drug dealer and demand that as I had smoked it, I therefore had to take other drugs.. No.

If weed had not been around, I would probably have just moved to the other drugs friends were taking and I could see enjoying, do I know this for sure, nope, it's virtually impossible to answer with a true degree of accuracy.

Had weed not existed my bet is I would simply have gotten drunker more often and to a greater degree, with I suspect some side effects I didn't end up with smoking weed and then moved on to other drugs when they came into my line of sight.

Folks who are inclined to try stuff which isn't legal and holds a curiosity are most likely to try harder drugs, it's a mindset more than some kind of logical predefined path from weed to class A's.

Folks who are in an evironment where weed taking is acceptable amongst friends are also liable via friends or situations (parties/clubs) etc to take other drugs. It's not as simple as saying , I smoked weed, and I also took other drugs so therefore by definition weed "led" to other drugs.

you know what i've realised. A lot of people on these forums having taken drugs. Far more than I'd have guessed from the type of forum this is.

you know what i've realised. A lot of people on these forums having taken drugs. Far more than I'd have guessed from the type of forum this is.

Not really....taking drugs hieghtens certain senses.

The ultimate in sound and vision becomes an obsession for us. ;)...(a more expensive and addictive hobby)

It's not just a lot of people on these forums, it's full stop.

The stats are quite amazing in terms of what percentage of the population between 16-70 have taken recreational drugs of some kind at some point even if it's purely on a one off "curiosity".

Sorry. I meant: Any regular weed smokes tried any other illegal drugs.

A few of my mates went on to Mushrooms
and pretty much the same few on to other things, but only the slight minoroty.

:eek: KEEP AWAY ,KEEP AWAY i tell yeh, it's the Devils crop....

Now, Magic Mushrooms are fine :smashin: :D

Smoking weed, well soap in joints started me smoking tobaco which I am setting a date for quiting of next friday. But after smoking weed I then tried jellys (tomazapan (sp?)) speed, valium, pills (E) and shrooms.

After taking mushrooms I found it impossible to smoke weed as it gave me rather shocking flash backs and speed I found pretty boring. Downers were ok but I only took them to get drunker cheeper and mostly got me rather fubar and made me puke alot.

the only drug I then took were Pills but then the comedowns became to much and I started seeing things so thought fug it if the good times are out numbered by the bad whats the point?

I have tried tostop smoking before and was given zyban but i freaked out at a restraunt and started everything looked strange and alarming!

all in all Im glad I did as I did but mushrooms were the worst, I would not recomend them to anyone. Saying that My brother told me but I had to try myself :)

The only thing that still appeals to me is Eccstasy everytime I hear a certain song, or am getting into a good night out I go in pil hunt mode but I've been good and stopped myself as too me it just aint worth it, having 2 kids and a wife now, a hang over lasts a few hours but a come down lated me a couple of days!.

just my thoughts

I firmly believe that smoking weed can lead onto other drugs. The main route is by association. When a individual first starts to experiment with drugs, that person in time begins to establish contacts either through dealers or friends that will introduce them to other types of drugs. Obviously this does not affect all cannabis users, but through personal experience I know this to be true. I've met more pot smokers over the years that take other drugs (even if occasionally) than smokers that only ever touch cannabis. It goes with the turf!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom