Smoking in school field during sports day...

Curry Monster

Ex Member
Reaction score
Just come back from my 7 year olds sports day...and found many parents thinking its ok to smoke while near other families with babies and young children...

I think it is a disgusting habbit which should not be forced on anybody else - what gives these parents the rights to poison my family?

I made it known to the headteacher via a phone call afterwards but wound why people think its acceptable?

Last edited:
I'm astonished... :eek:

I would have assumed that any school was a complete no smoking zone.

Good on you for contacting the head :thumbsup:

would have done the same, but i for some reason thought school grounds had a no smoking policy?

The school is a no smoking area - with signs...

I passed a picture I took of the people smoking to the headmaster and he has promised to contact these people about the matter...

My point is this - even smokers - surely should know that there is a time and a place to do this and on a school field while watching young children running is not the place...

The school is a no smoking area - with signs...

I passed a picture I took of the people smoking to the headmaster and he has promised to contact these people about the matter...

My point is this - even smokers - surely should know that there is a time and a place to do this and on a school field while watching young children running is not the place...

Yeah it is mind boggling. Im a smoker but wouldnt dream of doing it within school grounds and i dont smoke when other non smokers are near me anyway.

modern society , couldnt give 2 flying ****s about anyone or anything else , it boils my **** it really does , like yesterday , nearly got reversed into by a bint with no reversing lights working on her car , the look i got when i told her ( poiltely ) about the lack of reversing lights was amazing :suicide:

So will the school be fined by the government.

Doesn't the law relate only to within buildings?
The school should have posted notices about not doing it outside though - that's up to them.

In law that would apply to within the building - we don't know that the signs say it applies outside the building too - and if the signs are only inside the visitors to the grounds wouldn't see them.

Filthy habbit,reminds me of the time when we had parents spitting all over the playground :thumbsdow

Just come back from my 7 year olds sports day...and found many parents thinking its ok to smoke while near other families with babies and young children...

That disgusts me, it really does!
I've also seen young mothers smoking outside hospitals (I inspect SAE gear for the Leeds Teaching Hospital, so I get a birds eye view), newborn baby in hands. I kid you not!

did you man up and comment at the time then ? ......

I made it clear I was not happy - as others also did - however taking the picture gave the smoker reason to come and have a go at me - after I had emailed it to the head master with an email...

Called me everyname under the sun - even though SHE was smoking and breaking the law...

This is the picture I sent (with the faces intact so they can be identified)

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 399
Last edited:
Your right it's a total lack of respect for other people the least they could have done is moved out of the crowd so others don't have to breath it in!

if she's outside it's not illegal even if the school has a no smoking policy which covers all areas of the school land, only inside would it be an offence.

If its not illegal its against school and LEA rules...and against reasonable people..

The crowd was made up of very young children including new borns etc and they where all coughing as the wind direction was such that everyone had a lung full...

The headmaster has told me he will follow this up - but not sure how much he can actually do? Why is it adults who smoke do not see what they are doing is bad for peoples health and they have NO right to inflict it on other people.

Smokers have a choice to destroy there own and others near them own health but the people around them when they do this thing have no choice. Due to where people where sat etc it was not easy to move away from this smoke...

How far away is the closest person to them?

approx 2 metres - they stood just away from people - more so people didnt smell it that anything...

Sounds like another "Bash the Smoker" thread to me.

If it bothered you that much why not speak to the "Offending" parents at the time ? Instead of phoning the Headmaster later.

Sounds like a "bash the non smoker" post to me. :D
It is possible to smoke and not be reviled by non-smokers. Normally it involves not forcing people to share their smoke.

It's not difficult and gets respect :thumbsup:

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom