1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

smoking Barco G 801s, help needed

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Zeno Cosini, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Zeno Cosini

Zeno Cosini
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    it's me again with another problem :-(((.

These are facts from the beginning:
    Wen I got this projector (BG 801s) it came with a non functioning convergence, in the convergence board (part number 762525) there was an exploded capacitor (C103) so I replaced the board with a used one and everything seemed to work correctly (except the focus block but that was another tread :)).
    After some hours spent on the focusing and convergence the result was quite acceptable but yesterday, when I switched on the projector, some smoke came out from under the tubes so I immediately turned off and extracted the tray that contains the convergence board and I noticed that C103 smelled like the smoke came from there but outwardly there are no signs of bourn.
    Some one have idea of what as happened?
    Now I do not have the courage to switch on the projector because I suspect that there is a problem somewhere that makes the caps explode and damages the board (I replaced the cap in the old board but this had no effect)
    I called Barco Italy and spoke with a technician but he said it is quite a long time since he worked with the 801 and anyway he would have checked the boards and probably replaced some and in this case it would cost me a lot .

If you have some idea please tell me
    Thanks

2. Stargatefour

Stargatefour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!

Il should gues that there are some powersource to the convergence board thats not correct .

Also check the connection betwen the convergence board and projector for broken pinns etc.

Check the powersuply for cracked soldering points.
    Try to get hold of powersupply card that you know is ok.

Start from there.

Mayby it can help
    Im not a pro on this, only trying to help you.

Best regards STG4

3. Zeno Cosini

Zeno Cosini
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for answering STG4,
    I'll try to check for bad soldering or broken connection in the power supply board, unfortunately the connection between the board and the projector are very difficult to reach ... I'll see what I can do, I hope it won't be necessary to pull off the tubes otherwise :suicide:
    Bye