Smoke Art

Reaction score
I was a bit bored earlier so thought I would break the incense sticks out. I bought a pack of 200 for £1 from poundland a few months ago, 50 orange & cinamon, 50 strawberry, 50 lavender and 50 vanilla. I picked orange & cinamon.

Flash to camera right, I used some foam sheets I bought from The Range (cut down to fit) to block light from the flash bouncing on the black background and the camera.

4283585076_e1878cac8f.jpg

4283209118_204cac380b.jpg

4283207304_8b4fa589e9.jpg

4283206010_3e080b83cc.jpg

Very nice - how are the different colour effects achieved ?

Jim

using photoshop, layer/new fill layer/gradient then set to overlay. You can play around with different colours.

Thanks - I'm sure I've asked this question and had this answer before :suicide:

Jim

using photoshop, layer/new fill layer/gradient then set to overlay. You can play around with different colours.

You have taken the wow factor from the shots with your explanation on how you achieved the colours, but none the less nice shots:smashin:

very nice shots,i like 3 best, looks a bit like a mushroom cloud, love the colour changes:thumbsup:,, funnily enough i messed about trying to do something like this last week for the comp (smoke on the water, deep purple) but just couldnt manage it, i guess thats what you get for jumping straight in, never thought of insence sticks to provide the smoke i was using those really long matches and blowing them out over the water, didnt work too well:),. thanks for the tips above. Mike

thanks for the comments :thumbsup:

I had jellyfish in mind for number 3 but couldn't think of names for the others so I didn't bother.

You can get some interesting smoke effects if you waft the smoke about gently. If I remember correctly I held a piece of card over the smoke to trap it then moved the card to get the number 3.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom