Smearing on 100hz TV's? Buying a TV this week and don't know what to make of 100hz...

B

BuyingATV

Ok yesterday I was all set on buying a Panasonic TX28PL10 this is the set with 100hz, but having viewed the set in a shop today and reading the review of the 32 model im not so sure. I look at its 100hz picture and it looks to me very pixelised and not only that things moving leave a sort of trial behind them. Is this what you experts call "smearing".

I've found this model for £540 online, but am now considering the 50hz model TX28PL1 which ive found for £460 online. I'm going to be using it for anolog broadcasts, DVD's and games.

I'm very confused, also to make things harder i'm not too sure if the 50hz model has a Front S-video input, anyone know?

Any comments I'd like to hear em.

Very confused been "buying a TV" for 6months now.

Thanks, but having been reading about the PL1 here its been ripped to screads, i'll never get a TV at this rate.

Sony LS60. Plain 100Hz so no chance of smearing or other side effects (minor blurring with very fast scrolling horizontal text, but that's it). Do a search for "KV28LS60" and "KV32LS60" and "LS60" - many satisfied owners including myself. Definitely worth putting on your shortlist and having a butchers at your local store. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom