1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smash Bros melee

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by david plunkett, May 27, 2002.

1. david plunkett

david plunkett
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone played this on the Game Cube yet? if so what do you think?

2. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    My kids (4, 8 and 12) love this game. Its not a beat-em-up in the Teken style, but it is quite good fun and it does support 4 players which is nice. Definately one to play as a multiplayer rather than on your own. Good variation of platforms and themes, love the music. good for kids or adults after a few beers.

3. DavidMalone

DavidMalone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This game isn't only for kids, it can be a very involved game if you plan to unlock everything.

Great game as either single player or full on four player action.

Makes up for in playability where it lacks realism :)

Have Fun,

Dav

4. bishman

bishman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    Personally, I got very bored with this very quickly, on the other hand, my friend loves it. Mind you, he hates Super Monkey Ball which I love. To each his own.

5. Nyquil Driver

Nyquil Driver
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought this as the word-of-mouth was comprehensively positive and NGC (a fairly honest publication) awarded it 95%.

I won't be trying it in multi-player mode until the weekend, but I have to say I'm fairly disappointed so far. The 1-player 'adventure' game can be completed in about half-an-hour and the other 1-player modes are just battle variations. I've always loved 2D platform games, like Ghouls & Ghosts/Mario World etc, so I find the platform levels in SSB a joy to play (although they're FAR too short IMO). I'd have preferred more emphasis on those kinds of levels really as I found 'The underground maze' the highlight of the 1P game.

I think the control system is a bit 'off' though as button-bashing always seems the most effective approach and jumping (using the control stick) doesn't always work first time. I'd rather use a D-pad really as I don't consider an analog stick suitable for this kind of game. I've only had it a couple of days so it's probably unfair to pass judgement so soon...

The graphics and sound are absolutely spot-on with extra Nintendo magic, but I can't help thinking the game's very limited for solo-players (and it makes my arms ache!).

6. zcaps57

zcaps57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've bought this game when I ordered JPN/US GameCube.
    And I have to say that this game is one of the worst game I've played in my entire life. :(