1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smartphones - blackberry type abilities...

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by CraigHolt, Aug 4, 2005.

Tags:
  1. CraigHolt

CraigHolt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!
    I currently own a ericsson p900 and its upgrade time. My office manage my diary and it is constantly updated via a company called meridian. Blackberry phones are able to display this calendar on the phone and as it is updated at source it can be updated on the phone automatically. Im not a fan of blackberry phones and wondered if there was a smartphone which would be able to perform this funcion. I imagine it is the same tech that allows constant email update and I understood one or two smart phones to be offering the same technology. Does anyone know about this who can help me or advise me as to what phone to get?
    Alternatively, if no-one can help with this, could anyone just recommend the best available smart phone? Priorities would be good internet access, and ability to view word documents etc.

Thanks for any help ppl!

Craig

2. Cyril

Cyril

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Blackberry s biggest competitor is Good.com who can run on a number of different smartphones. Symbian phones should be supported soon.

I use the Treo 650 for its great one-handed design. make sure you get one that doesnt have the low caller volume manufacturing fault.

3. Spacecat

Spacecat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +952
    you can see and edit word and excel docs and access the internet on a P900!

4. fdxd

fdxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Symbian Series 60 phones are taking over.

5. dood

dood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    wouldn't the 910 be the logical upgrade if you're already familiar with the 900?

6. CraigHolt

CraigHolt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 910 doesn't have the blackberry type abilities that I am looking for. I also not overly fond of my current p900.