Smartlink help

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by red_devil, Oct 20, 2004.

Tags:
  1. red_devil

red_devil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Sony SLVSE820 VCR which I have connected to a Sony VTX-D800U Freeview set-top box. I have used the SCART cable that was supplied with the Freeview box and connected it to the VCR SCART socket on the Freeview box and the Line1 SCART socket on the VCR. I tried using the Smartlink to record via the EPG as it says in the manual, but it doesn't work. Both these products support Smartlink, any ideas?

Thanks

2. macta

macta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the sony 730 model - and you have to turn on smartlink in the options menu (or it might be in the bonus menu) or something strange like that.

Its not no by default - which seems silly. It does work well - and with the auto padding option that you vcr has you are unlikely to miss the last minute of a show.

Its a shame my humax pvr doesn't do this... ah well.

tim

3. red_devil

red_devil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok thanks Macta, will try this tonight.

I tried to switch on the Smartlink in the install menu on the VCR. When I chose the option, the VCR went out of the menu options. Does this mean that Smartlink is now on? There is no indication! What did your VCR do? Do you use Smartlink with your TV? My TV is not Smartlink compatible, but my digibox is. Which SCART socket is the Smartlink SCART connected to?
    Does the VCR have to be switched on (not in standby) for the Smartlink to work?

;)