Smartlink help needed for Sony VTX-D800U and Sony SLV-SE740 VCR

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by JonW999, Jun 2, 2005.

1. JonW999

JonW999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought this combination mainly because it would enable me to use Smartlink between the two. However, I can't for the life of me sort out the Smartlink. Everytime I try to set it up I get an immediate error telling me to check my TV and Euro Connection, but my connections are exactly as it says in the manual. What can I do?

Thanks.

2. jaymac

jaymac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    Hi Do you have the current software V1.12 installed? also you do have only one scart from 800 to vcr

3. JonW999

JonW999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. Yes I have the V1.12 software on the box. Two Scarts at the back, one to TV and one to VCR. I looked again (for the millionth time!) at the instruction book for the video and it says the scart from the video should go to the TV connection on the Freeview box. I've now done that but it still doesn't work!

It's frustrating because everything else about it works fine and there is a connection between video and box because I can manually record fine. Any other suggestions received with gratitude! :)

4. Brolac

Brolac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's not what you want to hear, but I've had similar probs,now I just set the
    vid to rec from AV1 and put the remote away for that time\0/

5. jaymac

jaymac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    Jon confirm what you just said the'' Video instructions say connect the video to the tv connection on the sony box?'' I would go for the sony box instructions which is tv to tv and vcr to vcr bearing in mind probably only one of your vcr scarts is smartlink enabled.Haven't got the manual to hand at the moment but seem to recall you have to select what you want the smartlink to do either switch on the vcr or wake up the tv. Thats worth a check
    Jay